Anyone allergic to your beloved bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfloppy

Reaction score
Since I moved my buns in I've been coughing, sneezing and getting red eyes. I know I'm allergic to all animals but have dogs and rabbits anyhow. Is their any way to minimize the suffering? Any natural type herbalremedies? I take alfalfa for my hay fever and it helps. Has anyone ever used that petlotion you put on your pets to eliminate dander and if so is it safe and does it work?

I hate allergies! they ruin all the fun.:X

yeah.. my eyes are all itchy when im around my guys.. and my mom thinks shes allergic.. i would never mention my allergies though.. i dont wanna have to get rid of them :-/

I'm allergic to my rabbits but I just take allergy pills in the spring when they're the worst and I live with it. Mine are outside bunnies so that helps but I still bring them inside to play at times and then I end up with rabbit hair all over my bedding and room.

I've yet to find anything that helps beside's allergy pills, though.

Raises Hand Up High (and blows nose)!!!

I have minor allergy symptoms from being around the rabbits. Conventions in building with 1000's of rabbits is pure misery unless I take allergy medicine. The worst -- blowing (grooming) angoras.

Pam :)

Wow, okay so I'm not the only one then! If I may ask, what meds work best? Right now I use Claritin D OTC, but it doesnt help much. I heard Zyrtec helps. I have to pay out of pocket for meds so I want to be sure it works!

I just use OTC cheap stuff (antihistamines). My son was on Claritin, but is now on Zyrtec. We haven't found the Claritin to be very effective.

Pam

I am allergic to the hay and hay dust...... Bo gets it honestly! LOL! I just take otc Claritin D and suffer!

I use Reactine. It's the first allergy medicine Itried and it's the same stuff my dad uses and it works wonders for me! I can't go outside in the Spring I'm so stuffed up -- it's like a having a head cold for 2 months.

I am allergic to hay, too. But for some reason I'm attracted to animals that eat it. First it was horses and I spent hours in a day climbing on hay bales, lol. And now it's bunnies.

Alissa my daughter was the one for a rabbit and when we got our beloved Shadow, Alissa and her brother started sneezing with watery eyes...solution, I moved the cage to the spare room where I spend time with Shadow every night for 2 - 3 hours playing or snuggling with him while I wind down at 8:00 pm to watch my favorite shows. I am the only one not affected by Shadow. My husband never gets close enough to Shadow except to say 'hey you little rat' :p, so the kids visit daily and give him a pat and hello. My daughter was born with a heart defect and has still some medical issues, so there is little she can take in medication in order to subdue the allery affects, but she's a trooper! Alissa loves Shadow, but just can't sleep with him in the same room. Oh they are all the same with our cat Sam, and we have had Sam now for 8 years, its usually worse in the summer. I have tried to let Shadow out for a free range in the living room area also, but he seems quiet happy to be in the spare room....time will tell

Latest posts

Back