Anybody know what the thread was? or question about fur types...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
OK, I remember reading not too long ago a thread that pam explained in that you can get say, a flemish with rex fur? but I want to find the thread to explain something to somebody from another forum, does anybody know where it is?
If not, can somebody please clarify, it IS possible to get a "rex furred" rabbit that isnt the rex breed, right?

I don't know where the thread is, but you are correct that you can get a recessive coat (rex, wool, naked, or satin) from a normal coated rabbit. Rex, wool, naked, or satin coats conversely, cannot produce a normal furred rabbit.

Both parents must carry the recessive gene for rex, wool,naked, or satin in order to produce a rabbit with that recessive coat type.

Pam

Ah, I see. Thank you!
Reason I asked was that somebody I know has just got a pair of rabbits (see other thread) that are normal coated and what breed they are we dont know either but the breeder said both of the parents were rex? He said that the doe is a rung rex and the male is rex -so I am wondering if they are really rex or the male is just a "normal" rabbit with rex(type) fur?

Back