Any tips or tricks for giving Metacam?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bville

Reaction score
My buns had their neutering surgery today and the vet gave me some Metacam to give them for pain. I've never given medication before so I'm wondering if you experienced rabbit owners have any tips or tricks.

some rabbits don't put up too much of a fuss when taking it. Its actually fairly sweet tasting. Other people who have serious issues syringing it, may try and mix it with something like applesauce or juice and syringe it like that. Others put it on veggies but when you do stuff like that, theres no guarantee they get the full dose.
I would just give as is. Pop each bun between your legs while you're kneeling and syring it right into their mouth. Or bunny burrito for the same thing.

Did they show you how to give it?
There's a gap between their incisors and their molars and you want to aim your syringe for that area. Most buns think it tastes pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Did they show you how to give it?
There's a gap between their incisors and their molars and you want to aim your syringe for that area. Most buns think it tastes pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

My Toby bun loves it so much that I just feed him the syringe full, he even tries to bite it when there is no more liquid in it. As everyone has stated, it tastes pretty good to them so I don't think you'll have a problem administering it.

Luck :bunnybutt:

My Toby bun loves it so much that I just feed him the syringe full, he even tries to bite it when there is no more liquid in it.

I guess I was worried for nothing. My buns did the same thing as your Toby. They slurped it up like it was candy! :bunnynurse:

Mushroom LOVES metacam. LOVES it. Wakes up from a deep sleep and runs over from the opposite side of the room when I open the container.
:happyrabbit::clapping:

Latest posts

Back