any suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Furby and Ellie just turned 1 a week ago and Ihave had them since they were 10 weeks old. They are in contact withsomeone everyday for food, cleaning their litter box and when I am homeduring the day, treats from me.

If I put food( pellets, treats, veggies) anything in my hand, they comerunning If I call and eat straight out of my hand. It is soo cute.

My problem is they dont let me pet them, neither of them. They justmove away or if they can, run away. They are not violent or aggessiveat all, they simply just move away.

Any ideas why they dont let me pet them? Also if they hear anyone coming outside, they run back into their hutch?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.;)

The only thing I can think of is to spend moretime with them on their level. Maybe take a book with you and just laydown and read while they run around?

I know how you feel though, I have 2 (Lucy and Tumnus) who could careless about me. Actually, they wont even come for food, so countyourself lucky :)

Are the girls spayed yet? That might help, but its most likely justtheir personalities. Some bunnies just arent snuggly, especially whentheyre young.

i agree with haley. . .get to their level, and be prepared for the fact that they might not be cuddle buns.

my winnie has her days just like that, she doesn't want anything to dowith me. . .some days she will be all over me and not leave me alone,but then she will also avoid me to the extreme. . .

BunBun and Lucky are just like that too - theywill come running for food and push eachother out of the way to get tome, then as soon as I touch them - poof! Gone like the wind. SometimesI get a bit upset about it :(, especially when I remember how BunBunwas madly in love with me as a baby.

I am trying to win their trust, and it is hard, I just think it takes a long time.

My girls used to be like that when I first gotthem. If I were you I would spendalot of time butbeing around them, sit in their run for an hour or 2 just reading orsomething whenever you can until you become part of the furniture forthem.;)I always find lying down andhiding your headfrom the buns makes them come running over and check you out.:D

Then as they come to trust you more try to encourage them tostand right beside you or even on your knee if you can with food, alsostart to pet them gently while feeding them so they get used to it. Asthey become more trusting you shouldn't need to use food anymore andthey will just come to you for attention, however it may take a while.Don't give up though, it'll be worth it in the end.:)

what I tend to do is sit a small distance awayfrom the hutch and call to them and sometimes rattle the treat bag.Thats when they come running. to get to the food, they will happilyclimb on top of me to get it. If I try and gently stroke them whilethey are eating, they run away and then come back about a minute laterto get more food.

I just wanna cuddle them!!!:shock:

Ronnie doesn't like to be petted, but he doeslike to be right beside you. To get him to let mepet him I hand fed him for a few weeks and at first he could get thefood, the he had to let my hand be nearer to him to get the food, aftermoving my hand closer and close, then he had to let me touch him, untilI could pet him while he is eating. He still doesn't like it,but Sky does, so I let him be.

Back