Any patterns for a home-made harness out there?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharron

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

This is a very cool site! I've been searching high and low totry to find a pattern for a do-it-yourself harness for bunnies/guinneapigs. We have 2 bunnies (a black otter rex and *we think* abroken smoke pearl Holland lop) and a guinnea and are probably adoptinganother guinnea tonight!

Anyway, our lop is the wrong size for the standard harness.We've tried the sizes she's "supposed" to be and neither one workedproperly. We thought maybe someone might have a pattern foran adjustable harness out there. Plus, our little guinneadoesn't really have a neck and he justsquirmsout ofaforementioned harnesses...

Any thoughts??

Blessings,

Sharron

Could you just buy a standard harness and mimic it, just changing whatever needs to be bigger/smaller when you make the new one?

Okay, this may be WAY out of the way of what you were thinking...but...

Maybe you could instead design a sort of t-shirt type thing for them?

You could get a doll shirt, and change the sizes of neckline andsleeves and such accordingly, and put velcro up the back? Youcould even do it out of a mesh-type material so that it's breathableand they don't get overheated.

I don't know...just an idea...:D

I don't sew (at least not clothes), so I really don't know, hehe! :D

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2742796920098278511VYKDkO

Does anyone have experience with this type of harness? Ithink I might have seen one at a shop sometime. The kind weended up with -- fabric, mesh and velcro -- just didn't work for ourHolland Lop. She's too small for the bunny one and too bigfor the ferret one.

Also, hope I get enough views to get my next question answered:

Where does everyone get those terrific out-door playpen type thingsthat are open on the bottom? We went shopping this weekend,and I couldn't find anything like it. I'd love to be able tolet our critters get out in the grass yet have them becontained! They'd be in critter heaven:bunny18

We are considering binding together several baby/pet gates and fabricating a home made one, any thoughts???

Thanks!!! :wave2

Latest posts

Back