Any ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
I told you all about Wiggles and her peeing and all that... After much thinking and analyzing, I realized that it happened mainly when I gotmy foster Queen Velveteen.

The smell was stronger because she was urinating all over the carpet and I didn't realize it because it was too dark for me to realize it was drenched. So I got a nasty surprise when I put my hand on the carpet. Ewwwwwww.

I have also noticed that Dahlia has lost all her litter habits and so has Bam-Bam. I thought it was only Wiggles... (Dahlia I blamed on not being spayed)

And since the toy is colored that explains Wiggles' urine color. So, I think that right nowI will concentrate on getting their litter habits where they should be.

Now how would I go about discouraging her from using the carpet? I put a littlerbox but she goes beside it... I changed the carpet and sprayed vinegar on it. So far it seems to work when the vinegar is at it'sstrongest. I was hoping to use a strong smelling spice maybe mixed with the vinegar and make my own deterrent.

Any ideas?

If you find a solution, please let me know cause that's why no bunny can go into the livingroom now. It's the only room with carpet here except son's room and they wouldn't be able to find their way through that room or find the carpet I think LOL!

Lol. I was thinking of putting clove or something but I don't know what can appeal to the bunnies... :pI hate clove when there is too much... I can't imagine it mixed with vinegar. Ewww. Lol. I'll do some tests and see if it changes anything.

Our local pet stores sell something called Natures Miracle, they have aspray that is wonderful for eliminating odors ( I have an older dog that is getting incontinent, everytime she marks a spot, theother dog has to go over and do it too! I've used it a lot!) Gets rid of the odor from carpets and furniture.

Thay have a "Mess Cleaner" that you sprinkle over a "mess" and it dries it up and you can vacuum it away. :vacuum:

Not sure if you can get it by you, but it does work.

To be honest,I would like to make something myself if possible because those store bought ones simply cost a fortune. It's like 10$ for a small bottle. I can make stinky stuff too :pLol.

Clean with vinegar. Soak the carpet down and then suck it up with a wet/dry vacuum or paper towel. Then spot clean from that point on. Soak all pee spots with vinegar, and then use paper towel to soak it up after.

Keep cleaning multiple times a day and the litter habits will improve.

I would also try using something other than carpet in the cage. When I'm litter training, I only have wipable surfaces in the cage. Makes it much easier to clean up.

I litter trained Sugar and Sekura. It took about three weeks of cleaning 4-5 times a day before they started catching on.

I also find that after they have been using the litter boxes consitently, I can re-introduce blankies or carpet.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back