any ideas what breed my new rabbit is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I'm just curious. I adopted this bun yesterday. he is 7 months old.

13748_250851_450000000.jpg
13748_242025_360000000.jpg

I haven't weighed him yet but my holland lop is five lbs and feels like a feather as opposed to this guy. He is very heavy.

Will he get any bigger? I won't be able to lift him if he does! How old are rabbits when they are normally full grown?

I forgot to mention that he has blue eyes not bright blue but sort of navy? You can't see them in the picture though.

well no matter what his breed is, I have never felt such lush, thick, short but soft fur in my life. I could pat him all day. I'm just really curious if he is fully grown because I will have to make adjustments if he will be any larger.

I suppose with an unknown mix, estimating this would be impossible :(

Omgoodness it's an English spot granted not a good one because of the stripe on the back. It's supposed to be defined and run from the nape of the neck to the tail. Nice cheek spots though. I am unsure for sure of English because of it's color and size so google pictues of these breeds and it could be a mix of one?

Try rhinelander
Lilac English spot
Or checkered giant

If it's a spot his head looks like a jr head in my opinion but if they say 7 mths then ok. How much does he with now I'll have to look tomorrow to see the max weight on them. Of u think checkered then he will definitely get bigger and rhinelanders are like tri colored spot

Oh sarah, you have me so excited! I love large bunnies!!
If I had to guess, he is 10 lbs easy. BunBun is five lbs and this bun is double his weight for sure if not a bit heavier but that seems unbelievable.
Def ten lbs though, no less that that.

He also seems a bit umm heavy is a polite word.. he's tubby.
He is so gentle and so loveable. I would appreciate any more info you could find.

Of those breeds you mention, what is the time line for full growth?

We have a Checkered Giant that we thought was an English Spot when she was first rescued. She was very skinny and weighed 7 pounds. She grew a little after we acquired her and is now 17 pounds. She's twice the size of our nest largest bunny.

woahlookitsme wrote:
Omgoodness it's an English spot granted not a good one because of the stripe on the back. It's supposed to be defined and run from the nape of the neck to the tail. Nice cheek spots though. I am unsure for sure of English because of it's color and size so google pictues of these breeds and it could be a mix of one?

Try rhinelander
Lilac English spot
Or checkered giant

If it's a spot his head looks like a jr head in my opinion but if they say 7 mths then ok. How much does he with now I'll have to look tomorrow to see the max weight on them. Of u think checkered then he will definitely get bigger and rhinelanders are like tri colored spot
Many breeds come in a spotted pattern. The rabbit in question is not an English Spot - Spots have a flyback coat very different from the rollback coat of the rabbit shown. Also most certainly not a Rhinelander (we have a couple of those), or Checkered Giant (my husband used to raise them).

Weights on spots range from 5 to 8 pounds. If youre guessing 10 then its definately not a spot. I dont know about checkered giants because of the side spots.
The reason i thought spot was not just because of the markings but also the shoulders, it just looks like a spot staring at the ground from a judging table to me lol. Do you have a picture of her naturally posing. If she sits high on her front legs and arches herself(like below)she could very well be a mix of one of those arch breeds.

I guess you could be right about the flyback my tans and brit have flyback fur. But if its a junior it could still have that scruffy junior coat couldnt it?

Checkerd Giant

checkeredGiant.jpg

he sits like a cat or dog.. there is no high arch like that bunny. of course he seems portly so I'm not sure if it's just that.. but that position of that checkered giant doesn't look familiar. he is a mystery :p

Latest posts

Back