any ideas please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deif

Reaction score
hi all,

i have my rabbits outside they live in pairs in 3 8ftx4ft runs with a large 4ft hutch attached for them at the end, up until now when the bad weather comes (we have a lot in england) and at night time my husband and i use a selection of corigated plastic sheeting placed on the top of the runs (it's like doing a large jigsaw) and waterproof large picnic blankets pull down over the hutches, although this works quite well we do have leeks sometimes, it's not ideal has anyone any ideas how to make it easier to manage???? my dad wants to build a large roof that stretches over all the hutches and runs which is great BUT in the summer it will be way too hot i think and also i really like them all to be able to see the sky on nice days, any ideas would be great??? thanks guys xxx

Maybe some pictures of what you've got now would help.

I agree that a permanent roof wouldn't be good in summer. Maybe some sections could be removable. And even it winter they should get some light. Maybe some plexiglass or Lucite panels could be used.

A large raised roof would allow ventilation (use light colored shingles). Rabbits shouldn't be left in direct sunlight, so should have some type of overhead covering.

thanks guys,lakecondo i will try and load up a pick of what it's like now :D x

@pamnock dont worry the rabbits all have sun shades for the summer :) x

Latest posts

Back