Any ideas on how to NOT FORGET to close the rabbit's cage door?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
Everything is fine. I've never forgotten to close the rabbit cage door in the five years I've been keeping rabbits.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to ALWAYS remember to close the rabbit door? I'm paranoid that one day I will forget.

I haven't been on here no while. I've been doing other things.

Peanut, my rabbit, is doing great.

Hi to everyone.

Heh, If you ever find the answer please let me in on it too. I had a decent track record until two months ago but then it did get me to push bonding my rabbits more after that debacle.

For me, I had to make it a part of my leaving the house routine. Whenever I leave my house I always have to look to see where my cat is so naturally when I got my rabbit, I had to see where she was too. This always ensures that I never leave the house without looking at both of them and that includes looking to see that the rabbit condo door is closed and secure. You could always train yourself to remember by saying, "rabbit door locked" as you're locking your own door when leaving. You will eventually condition your brain to remember. I'm not sure if my explanation makes sense? Lol

We only had the bonded trio out when we were with them because they would chew holes in the sofas and chew every cord they could see, even if it was not out. I think cords were just a challenge.
Squish, the big bunny was more of a free roamer, as her issues were just marking areas with pee and lots of pops, putting boxes in her mark spots made it easier.
Now they are on a lanai and the cage has no door, much easier to maintain, they get far more socialization and are happier.
Cheryl

Back