Any helpful tips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hello everyone!:wave2

My 9 month old Lionhead bunny Einstein is getting big now, I just have a few concerns. He does use his litterbox which is an appropriate size for him) and he does use that... occasionally. What I noticed more is that he seems to pee AND poop outside the litterbox right in front of it, but when he does that he buries this poop. I think this is a hormonal thing which he is getting neutered in the very near future. I was wondering what could I do now?

Thank you !

Hello there, glad to hear that Einstein is doing well :) It's probably mostly a hormonal issue. If he's leaking pee everywhere and seems to have trouble holding it for any length of time there could be a bladder/kidney issue or similar, but I'd say it would all be hormonal based. It's tough to tell a hormonal rabbit to stop marking his territory, the best you can do is perhaps provide a larger or additional litter box. As Bandit grew up I was finding that he would pee outside his box when sitting in it because his butt would hang over the edge. That's about all I can suggest, a neuter should really help with his litter box habits.

I think that it is hormonal as well, hes not peeing everywhere just infront of his litterbox. I am planning to have him neutured but I am trying to find the money. $250 the vet is asking. Ugh.. But I do trust this vet so Im willing to pay it.

Back