Any FL Buns out there?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlilly0212

Reaction score
HI!

Bailey and I just moved down to FL (for college) and I was wondering what native (or non-native) plants are ok for bunnies to eat. There aren't that many dandilions around campus, but what other groundcover or plants are ok?

Is pennywort/dollar-weed (Hypocotyle) ok? How about the beach sunflower? I know the large sunflower is, but are all of genus Helianthis safe? Can rabbits eat the grapes from the sea grape (Cocoloba uvifera) In other words... what plants that can be found outside are edible for rabbits?

Thanks! :)

I don't have any answers, but am interested in what other people say, as well. The only things I've fed Elf from outside are the dandelions and clover.

Welcome to St. Pete Waterlilly0212!!!

I sadly don't have any clue what native Floridaplants buns can have...I asked a lady at a nursery a few weeks ago if she had any dandelions or dandelion seeds and she looked at me like I had eight heads and said, "Aren't those a considered a weed up-north?". Shows you how much I know. I keep a couple parsley and cilantro plants around to give my Merlin some yummy fresh stuff.

Hopefully someone else more knowledgable than me finds this thread soon!!!!

Latest posts

Back