Anxious rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymama99

Reaction score
Hello bun members,

I just wanted to see if any of you guys had the similar situation or a personality trait in your bun to where he/she is just anxious. One of my girls I’ve raised since she was a baby pretty much she was two weeks older than her sister I had her first just solo for a week or two before her sister came along and I think they were half a month old when I got them. Anyways, ever since she was small she’s always been very timid. The breeder did keep her secluded from her parents & siblings (he had 4 coupled adult rabbits & their litters) because I’m assuming he was planning to breed/bond her when she’d be ready too. I thought she’d grow out of it a bit more by now and it was just a little phase/getting use to her new home but we are half a year in and not much improvements I did have some with her coming to me overtime, sometimes she doesn’t get as scared whenever I’m cleaning or over do it with my affection towards her & being more comfortable around me. Her sister definitely is like her guardian/safe place too.. She never liked being held, she gets frightened or startled really easily, she gets scared whenever someone just comes into my room, avoids interaction, she does allow me to pet her or chills with me on the bed which I’m relieved about (definitely she isn’t afraid of me) i try my best to let her in different areas in the house as well so they aren’t always in my room but she usually thumps and is very cautious :( goes to hide or rushes away..( they are both free roam in my room..it’s basically their room lol) now her sister is not like this at all she’s definitely a risk taker, trouble maker sometimes she copies her 😂, not afraid of anything usually, very social and is more open to me than her. So two big different personalities, I’m wondering if anyone has tips as well for me on how I could work on this with her because I do feel bad when I see her anxious or afraid of things she shouldn’t be afraid of I know rabbits are prey animals as well so they are both away from my dogs completely nor do I ever force hold her or bother her, I use to carrier if anything for transport & when summer comes I do want her to feel okay with being outside/around my family a bit more. How do you guys feel about your anxious buns behaviour? I noticed also since they were small her sister would always check the surroundings before she does if she were to be startled when she’d see her sister is cool with whatever it is, it’s like a green light for her to be cool with it too. It’s cute but as a bun mom i want the best for her, for her to always feel comfortable & know she’s safe either way to where she’s not be so very dependent on her sister as well. Patience is the key for real I’d definitely would like to hear your opinion or about your buns if they are like this too along with whatever tips y’all have for me thank youuu!

Back