ANTS?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiesowner

Reaction score
I was cleaning Trixie's cage earlier and I caught three live ants inside.

I clean her cage every single week and ants weren't in her cage all the other times I cleaned it.

Can the ants be harmful to rabbits? And how do I keep them out of there?

:?

Can the ants be harmful to rabbits? And how do I keep them out of there?

Hi trixiesowner,

I don't think they are a big problem although the Red Fire antscertainly are. I would think the best way to keep the ants out would beto: Not let the rabbits eat snacks in bed. Those crumbs will attractants from anywhere! Hee Hee.

If it's an outdoor cage you could spray the legs of the cage with a bugspray or place baking soda around the cage. When the ants eat it theyblow-up "POP". I hope you can get a definitive answer. I've never had aproblem with ants in the cages.

Dennis,C.V.R.:D

If you are puttingthe Baking sodaaway from the rabbits,

mix some sugar with it and it will get them toeat it for sure. Aboutone third sugar to two thirds Bsoda. Guestimation not rocket science. Ihope it brings success.

Dennis,C.V.R.

I'm lucky in thsi way i have a balcony so theonly prob i really have are flies, which must have better smellreceptros than Rabbits. hey shouldn't be a problem, but don't let thembuild a nest.

You really have 2 choises,

1) Check every day, or

2) Put ant killer around the hutches leg, but don't let the rabbit near it.

Latest posts

Back