Anti Virus Software

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which anti-virus program do you think is best?

• Norton Anti-Virus

• AVG

• Avast

• McAfee

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
AVG and Malwarebytes. My PC guy told me to get rid of Norton and McAfee - I had severe viral (trojan) as well as malwareinfection even when using those programs.

Pam

i have the anti virus provided through Verizon. It updates constantly, and it cost me well for just the virus scan it is 5.00 a month but i have back up something or other,lol, so total it cost me 8.00 a month

I use Avira Antivir. Its free and what my computer engineer cousin suggested. I used to use AVG and then Avast but I got viruses while using those and switched to Avira. Avira removed those viruses and now my computer has been great.

I also used to use norton but its gone downhill and isn't that great anymore. Definitely better antiviruses out there, especially for that price!

I also use Spybot-Search and Destroy for getting rid of spyware.

I heard great things about kaspersky! but i just got norton before i found out about it

The guys at work recommend Kaspersky also. You can get it in stores for about $80.00 for three computers, or get the same version at purplus.com as a download (no disk, but you get a password for the other computers) for about$30.00 with no shipping fee because it is a download. You just have to make sure you pick the 2010 version and the right number of users. I think the single user download is about $25.00. Make sure to get the Internet Security, not just the Anti-virus.

Hope that helps,

myheart

Avast! And it's free. Trust me, I need a good anti-virus software for my computer and this one has never failed me.

Anyone using Norton should immediately uninstall and get something different. You'll thank me.

Back