anti-parasite spray

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennykon

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone heard about the "pinex rodent" anti-parasite spray? My bunny has mites and I can't find any of the sprays some of you already suggested (eg revolution) and the vet suggests once again injection, which is definitely not a long-lasting solution. A rabbit owner gave the spray to me and said it was very effective.

What should I do?

I can't find any information on it. What are the active ingredients in it? You have to be really careful about what you use on your rabbit. Some antiparasitic chemicals can be deadly to rabbits. Do you mean Pin X?

Revolution isn't a spray. It is a spot on antiparasitic that is applied on a rabbits back between the shoulders. You may be able to find a generic brand where you are. The active ingredient in revolution is selamectin. What country are you in? It's possible that Revolution may be under a different name if you aren't in the US or Canada.

How is your rabbit getting mites, because didn't he have them before...or was it fleas? The long term solution is trying to prevent your bunny from getting them again. That would include treating other pets and the area they are in. Was the injection ivermectin that the vet used before? We use Ivomec (same thing) if we need to treat ours, and even though it is an injectible it can be given orally. You might ask your vet about that.

Apologies for not replying earlier, the contents of the spray are:

neem tree oil, citrus essence, non_ionic_surfactans, alcohol, water.

Unfortunately, i am not a US resident, I am in Greece at the moment and this product appears to be a product of France.

I'm not sure if neem oil would be safe for rabbits. Could you maybe order some revolution/stonghold from a European country that carries it? Your vet could give you a prescription if you need it for ordering.

I am taking him to the vet on Monday, to cut his nails and ask her advice for the specific spray. :) thanks!

Latest posts

Back