Another vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had Pernod to the vet yesterday. Her right eyehad been watering a lot the day before, so much so that the right sideof her face was very wet. Her left eye was fine and her nosewas dry, so I was pretty sure it wasn't a dental or snuffles problem.The vet was great - gave her a thorough check, both front and backteeth are fine, and she put yellow dye in her eye to rule out anyulcers. Turns out she has a touch of conjuctivitus (sp?) and I havecream to put in twice a day. Pernod behaved so well, I could hardlybelieve it, and she has been really good when I come to put the creamin. She,s my little star :D:p- Jan

i hope pernoid is ok soon

what caused the eye infection

did the vet say

i was going to say alot of rabbits are allergic to their hay because of the dust

hope she is feeling better soon

Hope she continues to mend. Commendablecourse of action taking her to the vet. Weepy eye can be aprecursor to various problems and your vet seems to be savvy enough torule some of those out.

If it's not one thing, it's another, isn't that so?

Buck

Hi Luvabun,

Be careful that her tear duct doesn't become clogged, which can happenwith conjunctivitis. You may wish to take a warm compress and put it onher eye so that it help clean it off.

Fauna leaned into it when she was recovering from her troubles with conjunctivitis.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

addeytrix - The vet didn't say whatcaused it, but she had it just after we got her, about 18 months ago,so maybe she is just prone to getting it

Buck - you're right about it being one thing or another, and when youhave more than one rabbit it's also one bun or another, as I am sureyou know:?:D. I am lucky with my vet practice - there are about 7 vetsworking there, and they all seem to know about rabbits, which isreassuring.

Carolyn - thanks for the advice. I keep wiping her eye, and brushingthe matted fur, but I'll definately try the warm compress. Perry alsolicks her eye, to keep it clean I guess. I was worried he may catch theconjunctivitus, but the vet said he should be OK, but to keep an eye(no pun intended) on it. Thanks for your support, all. :)

Jan

I'm so glad to hearthat Pernod isn't seriously ill. Of course she would be a good girl atthe vet, she's a sweet girl! You are so good about getting right on topof things when you notice something not quite right with your buns Jan.Good bunny Mommy! Give her a kiss forme!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
You are so goodabout getting right on top of things when you notice something notquite right with your buns
Thanks Raspberry, but that's 'cos I am a worrier and convince myselfthat if I don't do something quick, then things will go wrong ;).

Bunny mommy, and Perry and Pernod LOVE their favourite aunt right back :D.

Pernod is feeling just fine. I found her in the kitchen with the binturned upside down and her sitting there with an apple core in hermouth. You'd think I never feed her:p

Jan

Hi Luvabun,

No worries about the warm compresses if Pernod's around to take care of her. :)

So glad things are going well.

Hope this note finds all of you and yours happy and healthy.

:)

-Carolyn

Warm compresses do feel good. I know I've hadconjunctivitis, plus a nasty sty once, and the only thing that made mefeel better was the warm compress.

I'm so glad you have a compentent vet to go to. Seems it's like findinga rare gem when we all find a decent vet for our babies!

Latest posts

Back