Another sad story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theilian

Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted here. Maybe some will remember an angel named Manny.

A lot of things happened in the meantime, most of all Manny being no more.

Manny died last September. As some might know, she had Pasteurella. Oneday I came home from work and found her lying rigid. I knew right awaythat she was dead.

A day before, she had abad case of diarrhea. She had twicebefore and each time she recovered OK. Still I know that I should havedone something, or she would be still here.

Sometime later, I passed by the shop where I had bought Manny and saw ababy. She'sexactly like her except that she doesn't haveManny's trademark smudge. My guess is she's her sibling (of course ofdifferent litter) from the same breeders with Manny.

She's now my Manny Jr., who helps me almost forget Manny. And I know apart of Manny lives in both her body and mind. Yet she's quite anunique individual, too.

Until now I didn't want to bring this bad news or even write about it.But just today I adopted Cleo from local shelter (Now I know theshelter is better than pet shop). I'm hopingshe will beagood friend with Manny Jr.

This is how she looks like:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3634333&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=41ae47c94d1eb1e0-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Very sorry to hear that you lost Manny, but delighted to hear that things are now going well for you.

Pam

Of course I remember you, theilian. :) I remember Manny too. She was one of the bunnies we used to fight over to bunnynap.
I'm so sorry she passed over. :(

I lost a rabbit to pasturella and you definitely do question everythingyou did. Sometimes it's just their time. Perhaps she had to go to theRainbow Bridge because it was more important for you to take Jr. andCleo. It's a lovely tribute to Manny that you named her little sisterafter her. I look forward to hearing about how she and Cleo will getalong.

My deepest sympathies go out to you for grief over Manny. You're ingood company here. We've had far too many deaths this week. For awhile,everyone's rabbit was doing so well, but it seems that we're havingquite a hard time of it right now.

I hope and pray the bad news is past us all.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back