Another round of Name That Breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
I have poured over all the posts in this forum looking for a bunny who looks like ours. I am new to the hobby having never owned a rabbit before. He came from a pet store and was sold to my neighbor as a "feeder rabbit" and almost became snake dinner. So given his background I don't know much about him. I do know he is a male, unsure of age and herritage. He appears to have suffered a broken leg (before we got him) and it did not heal at the correct angle. I've been told the only way to correct this would be to re-break the leg and set it again, but it does not inhibit his hopping at all. He isvery active.He uses the leg and foot just as if he doesn't know there is anything wrong with him. Any ideas would be helpful. We're trying to determine about how big he'll get. Thanks everyone! This site is full of useful info and advice. <3<3

Click the link below for a video of Floppy.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/becknutt/?action=view&current=KIF_0710.flv

KIF_0725.jpg

KIF_0722.jpg

KIF_0742.jpg

KIF_0719.jpg

What a sweet lil' guy! You're right, he hops around just fine with his leg like that.
But still, to have had it broken, the poor baby :( A vet could probably give you a better idea of how his leg might affect his mobility.

To me, he really looks like a Rex or Mini Rex. How does his fur feel?

He is absolutely adorable!!!!  Loved the video -- little guy certainly gets around well. Looks like a Mini Rex or Mini Rex mix.  Can you describe his coat?  Mini Rex have fur that is short, plush,and springy (like crushed velvet).  The Mini Rex also generally have curly whiskers.  I noted that his are kinky,but not really curly.

Certainly has the close-coupled body of a Mini Rex and I'll think he'll stay small.

His leg may have splayed due to a congenital defect.  An x-ray will give tell if it's a break or slipping out of the joint.

Pam

Thanks for the insight. :) I do have an appointment for him with the vet. Unfortunatly I have to wait 2 weeks because the Vet that sees rabbits is out. :? His fur is very soft and plush. His undercoat is white and he has a thicker, cream colored fur on the bottoms of his feet. My daughter always says he feels like her teddy bear. Lol! I don't know if that description helps!! His whiskers are very waivy. I've looked at a few Rex's on google and he seems to fit the description. Any idea how old he might be? He seems young. He loves to cuddle and sleep with my cat. I'll also post and let you know what happens at the vet. Thanks again.

He is getting bigger and faster everyday! He chases my cat around the garden. :D We have him in a wooden hutch in ithe backyard, 3/4 of the floor is wooden, and the other 1/4 is open dirt area. He has tunnelled under the wooden floor and made himself a little cave under there. Is this normal for a bunny? He has a "house" with plenty of bedding up top but he prefers to sleep under the floor. We are bonding, when I come outside in the morning to let him out he comes upto the door of the cage and stands on his hind legs when I call him. Its soooooo adorable, I can't believe I'd never entered the wonderful world of pet rabbits before. His favorite treats are green apple slivers and once in a while a small bite of bananna. Also we have a small christmas tree growing in the yard and he is always chewing on it. I have read online that pine is not good for bunnies, is this ok or should we put a small barrier arround the tree to keep him out? We have other variousplants in the garden he loves to nibble on including roses. Here are a few new pics! (you can see where he tunneled under the floor) There are more videos posted on my websitehttp://www.tbiscuit.org

Photo0398.jpg

05-23-06_1407.jpg

05-23-06_1405.jpg

06-02-06_1549.jpg

KIF_0715.jpg

Latest posts

Back