Another quick issue (Sudden death RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taycupcake

Reaction score
So I think the water bottle will solve the sitting in the bowl issue but I have another problem with Chai.

Okay. She might just be a really quiet bunny but she hasn't moved in her cage. at all. all day. Her cage has everything, toys, two little cat toy jingle balls, salt lick, food, everything. Also, I noticed she's pretty skinny and whenever she moves she shakes. I'm not too worried because she just moved houses from pet store to here and it's probably really scary for her. Should I just leave her alone for a certain amount of time or should I pay attention to her? I'm so used to pet rats but I'm new to bunnies!

Honestly, I'm one who generally vets new animals in my household within a short time of them getting here... just to be on the safe side.

mreh. Today's just been a horrible day in general and it happened at about 10:00 at night. :( I feel so bad. We're going back to the store tomorrow to see what we can do. I just feel SO bad because she was the cutest bunny I've EVER seen. I'll put pictures up. I feel bad just getting a new one she was so special.

I am so very sorry. I feel so sad for you; what a horrible shock ; I just thought she was probably afraid also.

I would not get another one from the same store as it could be something that was contagious.

I'm so sorry about Chai.

I too would steer away from the pet store if you want another one, because if it is something contageous then you might face all this heartache again.

If you do want another one, if you put your location in your profile then people on here might be able to suggest a local rescue or a reputable breeder.

I would also suggest really scrubbing everything of Chai's down, just in case.

I truly am sorry you lost your sweet bun so quickly.

Binky Free Chai.

I'm sorry. I agree that she may have been ill or had genetic problems when you purchased her. I'm sorry that you lost her. I hope you can find a rabbit that will live longer and can be a loving part of your family. I would look at the local shelter, as all of their bunnies will have seen a vet. Many bunnies in stores at this time may have genetic problems or diseases as people are trying to capitalize on the Easter rush and may sell ill bunnies. It sounds to me like you may have been a victim of this which is really a shame. Sitting in the bowl could have been an attempt to cool off from a fever, and shaking is a very bad sign.

Oh dear, I'm so very sorry about your bun.
Dittos from all the above posts - don't buy from the pet store, sounds like she was sick when you bought her.
I had that same problem with a pet store we bought guinea pigs from (needless to say we never bought from them again).

im sorry for your loss :( it must have been hard being your first bunny.

most pet stores will tell you you can replace the bunny or use store credit as store policy, unless its stated somewhere that you cannot have your money back for an animal you got passing, argue it if they refuse. talk to a manager if you have to. i find that with customers i would rather give them what they wanted than argue over some money.

then like others, i would recommend adopting or finding a breeder. petfinder.com is a great site. pet store rabbits are to young to be sold most timesat 4-6 weeks, shipped, bred for money and most times not even purebred or healthy breeding.

Awww, I'm sorry! She died so quickly! :cry2:

Like the other posts, DON'T buy another rabbit from that petstore again. May I ask, which petstore was it? Around here we have a Petland that has lots of sick animals. It really breaks my heart.

Latest posts

Back