Another question about wood pellets and hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we3pnuts

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the brand "Marth Wood Pellets"? It's a fuel pellet, but the guy at the feed store said a lot of people buy it for litter. I searched on here for some brand names before going to get itbut this was all they had. I've been usingcarefresh, but it is so expensive and a further drive to get it.The bagdoesn't say anything about it being kiln dried. Can I assume it's safe since others use it for litter?

Also, is anyone familiar with "Browns Timothy Hay"? They had small bags of it. When I asked about hay, he said they had bundles of mixed hay or the small bags of timothy. I wasn't sure if the mixed hay would be safe so I got the small bag.

Any opinions?

:biggrin2:Just happen to have something on Marth:

JimD wrote:
naturestee wrote:
Marth Animal and Reptile Pellet Bedding

It's made in Wisconsin and might only be available locally.It's okay but I liked ABM better. Unfortunately that's alonger drive.

And so does that mean that reptiles aren't animals?
Hiya!

They make their pellets from 100% kiln dried, virgin wood particles. Sounds good to me :D.

It says it comes in a 40 lb bag. How much does it cost?

What local places do they sell it at by you?

~Jim

Thanks Jim so much! I wanted to make sure before I opened the bag. I looked at their website. I see they have pellets for heating and pellets for bedding. The feed store only carried the ones for heating. Do you think it makes any difference? I did email them asking if there was a difference in the processing......so we'll see.

The cost for a 40lb bag was only $4.99!!

If you're already there at a feed place, why not just get a whole bale of hay? It's SO much cheaper in the longrun, and the buns LOVE how fresh it is!

:biggrin2:

maherwoman wrote:
If you're already there at a feed place, why not just get a whole bale of hay? It's SO much cheaper in the longrun, and the buns LOVE how fresh it is!

:biggrin2:
I wanted to! They said it was a mix and at the time I wasn't sure about buying something that I didn't know what was in it. He didn't know specifically what was in it, just a mix. I was thinking about calling them tomorrow to talk to someone else who knows. Unless you think the "mix" would be ok?

I don't think a mix would be a problem...it would be nice, though if you could know what was in it. Check out the Hay: All About It thread. It has good information about such things. :)

I can tell you, though...buns LOVE the mixed bales...lots of variety! :)

Latest posts

Back