Another Operation for Crunchie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foofy

Reaction score
Had some bad news yesterday:X. Took Crunchie& Benjy back to the vets for their last mites injection. WhileI was there he checked Crunchie over for me, as she recently had anoperation to remove a mammary tumour. Unfortunately he found anotherlump near the site of her previous lump that was removed. This is onlya small lump compared to the other one that was taken away.

My vet has advised removing this lump as soon as possible. I havebooked her in for the operation on Wednesday. He has said that the lumpmay be a reaction to the last operation or the previous tumour may haveseeded and this new lump may be another tumour, the only way to findout is to take it away!

Am so worried about her! She has had rather a bad time lately. Firstshe had the operation to remove the mammary tumour, she also had 3other small lumps removed that were on the surface of the skin and wereharmless. As she was a bit run down due to the large tumour shedeveloped mites and started losing some fur on her rump. Thena couple of weeks after her operation she developed an abcess on one ofher hind legs, another trip to the vets and more antibiotics! Theabcess has all cleared up, also looks like the mites have all gone aswell thank goodness. Just when I thought she was a healthy bunny againthis happens!:(

Has anyone any experience of rabbits having multiple tumour operations! Would be so nice to hear some encouraging stories.

Thank god for my rabbit insurance! and also thank god for such a goodvet! Will let you know how she gets on after her operation. She is suregoing to have even more cuddles now!

oh :(--- so sorry to hear that Crunchie needsanother operation. She has been through the milllately. She is some strong willed bunny isn't she.WishI could give some great pearls of wisdom butyou have been through more rabbit illnesses than Ihave. Give poor little Crunchie a kiss and a hugfor me and let us all know how the surgery went.You also must be feeling stressed out just trying to get everyone backto health. We will be thinking about you. Crunchie and Benjyon Wed. Take CareBeckie

Thanks so much for this Beckie :p Yeaham feeling a bit worried & stressed at the moment. Have now gota cold sore on my bottom lip which is brought on by nerves I think!

Sue, Crunchie & Benjy

You poor thing, Sue.

My heart, prayers and throughts will be with you and Crunchie from here on in.

You have gone 100 extra miles for your little one. Crunchie couldn't beluckier to have fallen into your care. It's comforting to know that shehas you. You both obviously have such a close bond.

Keep us posted as you'll be thought of and prayed for.

-Carolyn

Carolyn Thanks so much. I knew I wouldget lots of support from everyone here at the forum :pWillkeep you posted on how Crunchie gets on with her operation. She hasjust been running around the garden you wouldn't know there wasanything wrong with her!

Sue

I know how sick I feel when one of my critterkids is under the weather, and how much I worry, so I really feel foryou! My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

We will be sending Crunchie some good vibes from over this side of the world and much love.

Cher, Jezebel and Jade

Just thought I would let everyone know howCrunchie is doing. She had her operation yesterday they removed whatthe vet thinks was another small tumour and a large lumpwhichthey believe is fat! They have sent them off to the labfor testing again.

I was allowed to bring her home last night (I was not last time she hadto stay overnight at the vets). She did not seem to bad when I firstgot her home and eat some food. However later on she seemed to take aturn for the worse and didn't look too good to me and she had one eyeshut and the other open.

This morning she was a little improved however one of her eyes wasstill half shut and just didn't look right. I rang the vets thismorning and made an appointment for this evening. I left her in hercage today on her own and went home from work at lunchtime to check onher. There did not seem to be much improvement although she was noworse. Gave her some more treats and went back to work. Rushed homefrom work this evening ready to take her back to the vet to discovershe looked much better and her eye was much better and almost back tonormal.

I phoned and cancelled the vets appointment as she looked so muchbrighter she was even trying to go out in the garden so I have let herout for a while will put her back in again soon.

I was so worried last night and all day today!:(But feel alot better now she seems to have perked up a bit. I am wondering if theproblem with her eye was an effect of the anesthetic. Does anyone knowif it could have been? Last time she had her 3rd eyelids showing inboth eyes for a couple of weeks but nothing like what has heppened thistime. Had quite a few tears last night when I thought I was loosing her:(. But I think she must be quite a fighter! I am praying that no morelumps are found now.

Sue, Crunchie & Benjy

Bless your heart, Sue! Theseare truly stressful times for you and Crunchie right now.Glad to hear though that things finally seem to be on theupswing.

Sherman and I are sending prayers and positive vibes your way.

Bless you for being such a good and caring bunnymom.

Bunnymommy

Had to tell you this LOL!:pJust went out in the garden to putCrunchie & Benjy in, found Benjy but couldn't find Crunchie.Then I spotted her and she did make me laugh!:p:pIn my gardenI have a really low wall with flowers growing in the top and some moreflowers on the floor protected from the rabbits (or so I thought) by alittle fence of chicken wire. Crunchie was sitting in the middle of theflowers behind the chicken wire quite happily chomping away on myflowers!

I said to her "excuse me what do you think you are doing" she turnedround looked at me jumped on top of the wall, down the other side andback into her hutch!:pGuess she must be feeling lots better!The look on her face when I caught her was a picture! Wish I had mycamera in my hand!

Don't they make you laugh & cry sometimes!!!:):):)

BOL! This image is priceless!

I tell you ... these bunnies ... you gotta love 'em!Even in the midst of trials they bring us such joy. :D

Bunnymommy

Got so carried away in my last post I forgot to thank you &King Sherman for your good wishes. So a big thank you to you both fromme & my 2 buns!:p:p

WOOHOO, I am glad that Crunchie is safe and up tono good in your flower bed at home!!! Must mean something about herhealth......mmmm flowers....

Thanks for the update! (Ihope all our thoughts sent your waydid something :) Unfortunately I cant help you out with your questionin regards to anesthesia

Cher

Thanks so much to everyone for their good wishes!:p

Have just had some excellent news from my vet :p:p:p:p

The results from the lab have come back alreadyfromCrunchie's operation on Wednesday. Great news the 2 lumpsremoved were not cancer hooray!!!:):)

I am so happy!! One was a large fatty lump (well she is rather on theplump side) and the other one was a smaller lump of dead fat yuk!! Thevet says there could be all sorts of reasons for this lump of dead fatbut the most likely is it died after her other operationtoremove the mammary tumour. He says she may now get more of these lumpsof dead fat we just don't know but its a lot better than breast cancer!

I am so relieved! Am taking her back in to the surgery tomorrow morning for her post operative check up.

Am so happy! Am going to celebrate tonight!!:p:p

Foofy, thanks so much for sharing thisgreat news with us. :D So glad to hear thateverything's turning around for the better.

Give Crunchie a huge hug from Sherman andme.:)

BunnyMommy

Thanks for the good wishes and hug from Sherman to Crunchie. Havealready been and given her a big hug and a carrot and told her the goodnews!!:p

oooo - These are hugs back from Crunchie to Sherman, Benjy will get jealous!! LOL:p

Latest posts

Back