Another Newbie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovemybunnies4eva

Reaction score
Hi I am new here, I have joined because i am anew rabbit owner and I am getting my 2 female baby lionheads thissaturday :inlove:

One is grey and the other is fawn . We havent chosen names yet, as ithink the right names will come along when we see their characters lol.:hbunnysmell:

Due to the fact that i have 3 yorkshire terriers (duke, duchess andmitzi-mae) and a tortoise called toby, the bunnies will be livingoutdoors in a huge hut with a run. :bunnysuit:

I will post picswhen i get them, they are 8 weeksold, is it ok to give themfoods such as broccoli and carrotsat this young age? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks Annette :sunshine:

Hi Lovemybunnies4eva! :welcome1

It is a good idea to use the same foodsthat they are eating at the place you got themfrom. Give them time to adjust before youintroduce new foods. Arethey living outside now? Thatmight be another adjustment if they were indoor rabbits.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new lionheads. :camera

Rainbows! :)

Hi there, welcome to RO!!
OoohI can't wait to see the lionheads, I'm in love with the breed:inlove:

It's better to wait until the rabbits are about 3 months old beforeintroducing vegetables, you should stick to a plain pellet food untilthen, when they reach 3 months you can gradually introduce greens tothe diet. What country do you live in? Someone will be able to tell youwhat brand is good.

My rabbits live outdoors too, they have a playhouse.

Hope you enjoy the forum, there's everything you need to know in outBunny 101 sectionhere

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5 and Pebble:anotherbun

Hi thanks for the welcomes, we collected thebabies today from the breeder, and she gave us 2 big bags of pellets.so we will keep them on that food until 3 months of age, like advised.

As they have only ever been indoors, we are going to put them outsideduring the day (weather permitting) and let them sleep indoorsovernight, until they are older.

Hereisa pic, the fawn one is called Honey, and thegrey one is called Krystal, they are so sweet and friendly, im in lovealready lol :D

zoo239.jpg

Latest posts

Back