Another Newbie! and New Bunny Mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazumi

Reaction score
Hello! I was refered to this site when i was asking for Rabbit Advice on craigslist. So to introduce ourselves :) I am a stay at home house wife who recently got a male baby bunny whom I have named Sebastian from my mother-in-law who rescued him from a feed store since he was a feeder. I have found out that he is actually a Holland Lop rabbit and is about 8 wks old. Well after having him for two days my husband and I decided to get Sebastian a friend, and thats when I decided to go out yesterday and get our new little girl Kazumi. Kazumi is a little bit younger than Sebastian at 5wks old(I got her from a breeder). Since then Kazumi and Sebastian have been doing real well with one another and seem to really like eachoters company. I am absolutely in love with these two babies and thought it be wise to learn as much information as I can about rabbits so I can help improve their lives :) So be prepared for many vast questions and another new and active member :) Thanks!

Here are some Pictures of Kazumi(who is a mixed breed and is the white and black she's supposed to be part holland lop but I have a hard time seeing it if someone else knows what she is I'd appreciate it :)

xfvq6x.jpg
mrr59i.jpg

2cse71c.jpg

And Here are a couple of Sebastian :)

10i9lc7.jpg

e9udj8.jpg

Welcome to RO

I hope you find everything you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions around here.
Where one big family.

I would make sure and spay and neuter are in the near future no unwanted baby's are needed. And the gender fairy mike strike so be ready for that also.

More experienced rabbit owner will answer your questions I just know the basics.:p

Hope you enjoy your time here
Oh and those bunnys are the cutest things in the world.

Welcome to Ro.

Your Babies are Beautiful. I can hardly wait to watch them grow into Beautiful Adult Bunnies.

Susan

:)

Thanks for the warm Welcomes :)

I am currently looking to get Sebastian fixed so no worries there :) although my husband would like to see one litter from them he thinks they would make lovely little babies but I'll probably fix Sebastian to prevent that from happening due to males having the tendency to spray.

Thanks for the compliments ^_^

Welcome to RO!

This place is just wonderful to ask questions and meet lots of other caring people and the buns.

Your bunnies are just adorable. The pics make you want to pick them up and give them big squishy hugs!

Nice to meet you and your adorable buns.
Hope to see you around the boards.

Nik

Kazumi wrote:

I am currently looking to get Sebastian fixed so no worries there :) although my husband would like to see one litter from them he thinks they would make lovely little babies but I'll probably fix Sebastian to prevent that from happening due to males having the tendency to spray.

I just posted in the "Arizona" thread :p. I am the one who referred you here!

I would most definitely spay the female AND neuter the male. Altering both has many wonderful benefits. It is relatively low cost at certain places. I know that you have a low cost spay/neuter hospital for pets in the Phoenix area. My vet up here in Prescott Valley charges $85 for a neuter and $99 for a spay, pain meds included. Would you like help finding the spay/neuter hospital down there?

undergunfire wrote:
Kazumi wrote:

I just posted in the "Arizona" thread :p. I am the one who referred you here!

I would most definitely spay the female AND neuter the male. Altering both has many wonderful benefits. It is relatively low cost at certain places. I know that you have a low cost spay/neuter hospital for pets in the Phoenix area. My vet up here in Prescott Valley charges $85 for a neuter and $99 for a spay, pain meds included. Would you like help finding the spay/neuter hospital down there?

YAY! Thank you SOOO Much For Refering me Here! You couldnt believe how many mixed responses I was getting off of CL. So I'm glad that you showed me the way to this forum :)

I would like that very much to find a low cost spay and neuter clinic for these guys in the valley :) They are very young right now so I'm not all to worried about it. Thanks again!

Hi and :welcome1 :hello

You have the cutest little bunnies!

I am a bit concerned about Kazumi's age. They really shouldn't leave their families before 8 weeks, and 10 is even better. They have better developed immune systems and they're better able to adjust to new diets.

I'd be careful to only feed her what she was getting from the breeder or her previous environment and introduce new things slowly.

Grass and dandelion and the like is good, but not a lot too suddenly, especially at that age, unless the breeder was allowing them to run outdoors and they had access to the same type of foods.

Watch closely for any sign of diarrhea or gurgling tummies. (Best to get to know what they normally sound like so you'll know if there are changes).

Also watch for heat stroke. Rabbits can overheat very quickly. They're 'air cooled', they release heat through their breath, so having fans in their area is a good plan. If you notice they have wet muzzles and/or they're lethargic, they'll need to be gotten to a cool place quickly.

They'll probably be just fine, but can't be too careful!

Congrats and welcome to the world of bunny slavery. ;)

sas :bunnydance:

Thank you Pipp.

I was a little taken back by her age but the breeder said that she would be fine. The breeder also had the babies outside and eating grass, dandelions and she even had them drinking cows milk. As for her transition to my home. She seems to be doing well her and Sebastian seem to be getting along just fine and I have them on their normal rabbit pellets as well as hay and I picked up some pet grass from petco since Kazumi was used to eating grass.

So far Kazumi and Sebastian have had normal poo's so I guess I'm lucky for that and they both seem to be very active and happy rabbits. But I'll keep in mind the tummy sounds :)

Thankfully I wont have to worry about heat stroke since I myself dont care for the heat and constantly have a fan on in my room which is where their cages are.

Thanks for the tips and the warm welcome :)

Congrats on your new absolutely adorable buns and welcome to the forum! :) Kazumi looks Holland Loppish to me but I'm no good at breeds :p You could post the question in the Rabbitry.

This is an awesome forum with friendly people and great info! Always nice to have new members especially when they have such cute and fluffy bunnies!! :blushan:

Looking forward to hearing more about your delightful buns (and pics of course!).

Numbat

:welcome1

Hello! Welcome to the forum! :) Your little fur-babies are just adorable! They have such kissable little squishy faces! So cute! I hope you will be sharing more pictures soon! ;)

Welcome to the forum! Your bunny's are adorable. I agree, those pictures just want to make you pick them up and hug'em.

Just watch out! Bunny's are like potato chips, just hard to stop once you have a couple. Rabbits have such unique personalities and are so much fun, they are really great pets.

I look forward to hearing about your life as a bunny slave. Be prepared for the thumping of feet when you displease your furry little masters!;)

Latest posts

Back