Another new Bunny owner!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijRoberts

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've been browsing around this site for the last couple days, so I thought I'd make myself known!

It's been one week today since I picked up my bunny. He's an all black mini-rex and the cutest thing I've ever seen! I named him Jake, and he already flicks his ears towards me when I say his name.

I've picked up lots of tips and tricks already just from reading the different threads and hearing people's different ideas on certain topics. I know that this forum is going to be a great resource for me as Jake and I get to know each other better!

He seems to be adjusting pretty well - even though I think I got him too young. The woman I got him from raises rabbits for shows, so it seems they are more interested in just producing the next "line" of bunny, that the discards get kind of neglected. Jake was only four weeks old when I got him - she said that they wean their bunnies early. So far he seems alright, I just worry about his nutrition, if he's still supposed to be on mother's milk.

I'm feeding him what is left of the food they gave me. I want to be sure that he's on alfalfa pellets next and he's loving the new alfalfa hay I got him.

So, that's us, so far! I'll try to get a picture up soon - he rarely stays still long enough to snap one!

Thanks already for all the help and ideas you've given me!

~ Ian

Welcome to the forum. Jake is a wonderful name!!! Look forward to hearing more about him. It's really too bad that the "show" home he came from lets rabbits go home that early... they really shouldn't go to their new homes until 8 weeks. I will pray that all goes well for him in the next few weeks... sounds like you're doing an excellent job learning all you can!!

Thanks for the welcomes!

I've been trying to learn as much as I can. I've always been an animal lover and have had various types of animals, but never a bunny. I just don't want to let the little guy down!

I am a little worried at his age as well, and have been watching him for signs that he's lonely or for depression, but all seems okay. He seems really happy when we have our play time and definitely does the "binkies" and the "bunny 500's".

I'll just keep on watching for development issues as time goes on. I'll also try to get a picture up of him soon! =)

PS: The name has a pop-culture reference, of course!

:helloand :welcome1to RabbitsOnline, Ian. I am glad you found the site. RO is a very active, friendly and helpful website devoted to rabbits and their slaves.

Here are some good links to areas of the site you might find interesting, the Library section, full of good reference info, Bunny Blog, where you can keep everyone up to date on your bunny and your life as a bunny slave and if you bunny would like to ask questions of other buns the Bunny Chat is the spot to be. The regional forum is a good way to find a rabbit savvy vet or to post places where you get some of your supplies for your bun etc. For the lighter side and to give you a chuckle or two stop by the go to the Let Your Hare Down section for anything but bunny's.

If you would like to post pictures in your post this link How to put photo's in your posts will help explain that.

I hope I didn't overwhelm you with info. This is a wonderful site and I look forward to seeing pictures of your bun and stories about them.

Dave

Latest posts

Back