another day in bunnyville.. *here we go again...*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditty816

Reaction score
boy if it isn't one thing, it's another!:(Snuggles is finally handling his teeth better.. stilleating and doesn't need a tooth trimming yet..

but as I was petting Sherbie last night, I noticed a black bug crawl inhis fur.. I wasn't able to catch it and couldn't find it again..checked my other 2 and couldn't see any on them either.. pretty sureit's fleas tho.. big bummer.. silly me thought they couldn't get fleascause they're strictly indoor bunnies..

see I went out of town almost two weeks ago.. visited some family in arural town ( I live in a small city) with my mom.. well the lady wevisited did mention that they're having a bad time with the fleas as oflate.. I didn't think anything of it until last night with my episodewith sherbie.. they haven't been itching too much.. still doing binkiesand all.. noticing that I've got a couple flea bites on my feet tho.. :X

anywho.. I've called my vet and he doesn't think they've had them fortoo long.. advised me to get some kitten flea powder and dust the bun'sand their room plus sweep also. I'm hoping this works.. I know for sureRexie and Sherbie probably won't be able to take that Invermectinmedicine.. (They've both got the blue gene) not sure with Snugglesseeing as he's a mix and I don't know his background..

Sorry if this sounded like a rant.. just felt like I needed to post andget some advice from fellow bun bun lovers.. :Din all my 13years of having buns I've never dealt with fleas before..:shock:I've been lucky.. 1st time for everything right?right..

Mandy

Dont feel tooBadly Mandy Fleas have been a major issuethis year for many people I have beenat War with them for nearly a Month , Wehave never hadan issue withFleas here , But the weather has beenjust quirky enough to drive them fromthe ground and ontolegs, buns , cats and dogs ,

Most of the fleas that are comingin are not normal cat and dogfleas these are much smallerand cause a nastier bite thatburns more than itches . I know my Kidand I look like we have been thru ashredder But the Hubby hasnteven been bitten once:mad: it isntfair I tell ya .

oh I know what you mean Gypsy!! I look all dottie on my legs but DH didn't even notice they have them!! men!

Think I may have to call the vet again tomorrow.. haven't started themon this flea powder stuff cause I'm having a hard time finding it..I've found stuff in a spray bottle for cats.. and a bottle for thehome.. so I bought both but am leary on using it before I get the okfrom my vet..

what do ya'll think? should I return the stuff I bought and maybe buythe kitten powder online?? I just bought the stuff in the store todaycause it was the closest I could find and didn't want to wait a weekuntil it would come in the mail..

Mandy

Latest posts

Back