Another Caging Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
Romeo is currently living in an NIC 2 levelcondo cage. I find it extremely hard to clean even though I already usechloroplast on the bottom. He lounges on the second level for a whileeach day to get better view of things I assume, but I'm seriouslyconsidering using a dog play/exercise pen for him instead. I hate toget on my knees and at times, even stick my head in to clean some hardto reach areas.

He has lots of playtime outside of his cage since he gets along finewith my 2 very small dogs and is absolutely RELIGIOUS about using hislitterbox. Do bunnies do fine being homed in an exercise pen? Also, howtall would it have to be? He can obviously jump over the height of oneof the NIC cubes.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

Bunnies do great in an exercise pen. It'susually bigger than a nic cage. The shortest height for those is 2feet. My bunnies would not attempt this but I'm not sure about others.

We keep Pebbles inthe Xtra Large Rabbit Cage withthe top off when we arehome. She never jumps out. At night we doreplacethe top for security.

I have three spots for her to run.

First, is a 5 X 7area under our kitchentable, blocked off with the NICpanels (1 high). This would belike a small pen. Shehas space to movearound, buthere shesleeps most of the timeunderthe table. The floor isslippery, so Pebbles doesn'tbinkie or tries tojump over the NIC panels. Wecould keep her there allthe time, but I preferto have her in her cage atnight.

Second,in ourunfinished basement, I have acarpeted area 7 X 13 blockedoff with 2 feethighwireshelves butlinedwiththe 4 feet highchloroplast forheight.This would belikea largepen. Pebbles canrun and binkie atwill. She can spend up to 2 or3hours withusplaying with her orcheckingin on herfrom time to time.

Third, Pebbles has the wholebackyard. This is where shecan go wildand havefun when she binkies.Howeverthe fence doesget in the way. (With all thespace, she still runs into thefence.) :D We arewith her at all timeswhen she is outside.

13769.jpg

Rainbows! :D

Hi Kathy, we have two NIC cages for Wilbur andJackie, we have one grid onthe top of both cages that open upso we can clean and vacum from the top. It works reallywell. We keep it closed with a binder cloip.

Soooska:apollo:

Latest posts

Back