Another breed & coat question :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostrabbitfound

Reaction score
Hi everyone! To anyone that hasn't read my previous post, long story short I found a baby bunny wondering around on a road near my house, so I took her in. I asked in the previous post about what kind of rabbit she is as i'd like to have a rough idea of how big he or she will get. I'd also love to know the techniqual term for her colouring and coat type. So.. here we go, I hope you guys can help!

The other board members mentioned that she looked like a mix with some netherlands dwarf in her possibly. I'd love to know everyone elses opinion... :)

Regarding her coat type she seems a bit fluffier than most of the other bunnies i've come across.. but she isn't long haired if that makes sense. She has a white underbelly. Her coat is orange with a white base, meaning if you push her hair to the side you can see that it starts off as white then gradiates into an orange. Here's a picture of what I mean (i've parted her coat so you can see, please note that the white is a brighter white than it appears in the picture, my camera is acting up):

bny2jpg.jpg

bnyjpg.jpg

More pictures....

20120510_113047.jpg

20120510_113111.jpg

20120510_113057.jpg

She is darling. I would say cream or orange but I am not a breeder and with her under coat and belly she might have a more technical term for color. How much do you think she weighs? Its hard to say what breed but her head is really distinct so someone should give you a better idea. But do post the weight.

I don't know a lot about rabbit breeds.. But I think she looks a lot like a thrianta. Though it would help to know how much she weighs. Thriantas reach about 6 lbs.

Thriantas have a much more deeper and fiery red kinda like my tans bellies but their red is all over with no white at all.

You describe a rollback coat type so i would guess a mix of one of those breeds. As far as color I would guess orange or fawn when just looking quickly on my phone. I based my guess from this website that has very nice descriptions and pictures of colors http://www.amysrabbitranch.com/Info-ColorGuide.html
There is a cream but they describe belly color as being a creamy beige color and eyes as blue-gray so if the eyes are brown you can rule out that color.

JennaLynn wrote:
I don't know a lot about rabbit breeds.. But I think she looks a lot like a thrianta. Though it would help to know how much she weighs. Thriantas reach about 6 lbs
This is NOT a thrianta. They look very different lik this

hs7tbq.jpg

she's more palamino/fawn/orange in color so depending on breed is what the color is called really. but fawn colored is probably the closest to me.

She's so tiny too!

Her color is fawn, and her ears do not give signs of having Netherland Dwarves in her bloodlines. Unless she inherits the body and tininess. But she is so cute! :inlove:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Heres another photo I took yesterday.. i've seen some posts here where people seem to estimate young rabbits future size based on their ear size, I think this picture shows her ears well.. do you think she will become a small, medium or large bunny?

546408_181738018618817_100003478591883_260853_152093589_n.jpg

I don't know about ear to body size ratio's but this bunny is a sweetie. She is very lucky to have someone like you find her and take her in.

Don't know about breed or size, all I know is I see a sweet bunny that needs TLC.

Congratulations!

K:)

I guess i'll just have to wait it out and see for myself as she grows. Thank you for all the sweet comments. I've decided to name her sugar because of her sweet personality. Thanks again everyone :D

Latest posts

Back