Annabelle's 4th Day...I have a question already!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinirabbit

Reaction score
Hey there

It is Annabelle's fourth day...And I have a questopn.

Is the time alright to start holding her out of the cage? I don't want to stress her out and have her sick, so I want to be sure

Also, when can I satrt letting her on a romp around the room to play? Idon't want to sound clueless, but all of my sources have differentanswers!

Thanks a billion,

Liza

I've had Tinkerbell 2 weeks now. After 2 days Iwas holding her, letting her hang out on my lap on the couch watchingTV. After about a week I let her play in our rabbit proofed room.

As long as they seem comfortable with their new home, eating, nodiahhrea ect.. I think it's fine. Personally I like to handle a new bunafter a few days alot to get them used to being held and to me. So yeahI think it's fine to start taking her out for some play. :)

I agree with bunnybunchof4. Each rabbit isdifferent but if she seems to have settled in you can start holdingher. I wouldn't introduce the play room for a couple more days though.You don't want to overwhelm her with too much too soon. Don't worry ifshe starts squirming when you hold her. Some rabbits love to be heldwhile others would rather you scratch their nose. Just read thesituation, if she seems uncomfortable and scared give her some space.It takes a while to start a bond but Ibet you two will havean awesome one.

Lissa and CupCake

I think try it out and see how it goes too!

If you are nervous of picking her up you could always put the cage onthe floor and open the door. Does it have a side door or ramp?

If you let her out in your room it should be bunny proofed... don't have any wires in chewing range!

Also you can take it really slow and see how shedoes. Like open the cage and just stick your hand at the opening. Lether come up to you and sniff ya, pet her on the head, before pickingher up.That letsher know that you aren't there tohurt her, and won't go chasing her around the cage to bring her out.

I really do believe building a trust with them in the beginning is key.But it is very true that some will NEVER like to be held. Two of minewould much rather just be petted, and I don't even bother to try andhold them. They love nose rubs on the floor though! :)

Jennifer

Thanks so much guys!

Yeah. So Annabelle was really ready to come out, and basically I heldher to my chest, then she hoped around the beanbag, and found a comfynook to sleep in...it was soo cute! New news: I think that Annie is aboy! She/he was chinning everything, but it is weird since when I sexedher, she seemed like a girl! Whatever...need to come up with a new nameI guess...like Dylan...can be a girl or boy :D

Thanks so much guys!

Yeah. So Annabelle was really ready to come out, and basically I heldher to my chest, then she hoped around the beanbag, and found a comfynook to sleep in...it was soo cute! New news: I think that Annie is aboy! She/he was chinning everything, but it is weird since when I sexedher, she seemed like a girl! Whatever...need to come up with a new nameI guess...like Dylan...can be a girl or boy :D

I'm on my fourth day with Munchkin and though itis fun to watch them run and romp, be prepared for a constant cleanupif your bunny hasn't been properly litter box trained yet. I had mineout on Day 2 and Day 3 when it dawned on me that my little pooperwasn't quite ready to be allowed out on the carpets yet.

There's no hard and fast answer to the question of when to let them outroaming. It really depends on the bunny and how confident you are inits training.

Blyre

Actually female bunnies chin things too! Jordichinned everything including us before she was spayed. Now she onlychins her favorite things.

We have found that litter training our bunnies has worked to the pointwhere they only go pee in one spot, but they will always leave a few"coco puffs" around, especially when they are excited.

Oh yeah, all the females I've had chinned things too. I think that's just a bunny thing!

And even though mine are pretty well litter trained, they still willalso leave "coco puffs" (that has got to be the cutest name I've seenfor it so far hehe) here and there. Doesn't really bother me, they areeasy to clean up!

Anyway I'm so glad to hear Annabelle enjoyed her time out with you. Sounds like she's doing great!

Latest posts

Back