Angoras took over my house in NY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorqueen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My daughter has been wanting a rabbit for over a year now. She worked her way to getting one, but unusual and urgent circumstances happened that we ended up with TWO rabbits in a tiny home and I am a bit overwhelmed.

We now have two hilarious angora bunnies that we just adopted but I have to admit I have been so stressed out as they came with a few challenges. One of the bunnies has severe mites- so I clipped him well, but they are also in his ears. I am looking into healthy methods to help him.

The other has weepy eyes, but her fur seems okay so far, although I cut her fur off too as it was time. The weepy eye just started two days ago. Trying to figure out what to do for that too that is healthy and I can do here.

Neither are neutered and for now, we can not afford any further expense of any kind beyond food, as my husband has been out of work for a good part of two years. And yes they are kept separated.

As you all know, bunnies can take over a household. They are so darned cute and hilarious- it has only been a week and already our boy bunny had us laughing so hard yesterday I could hardly stand it. He is obsessed with chasing blankets.

The girl bunny is very independent, but she has a personality that makes you laugh just to look at her. She likes to hide in my husband's armpit of all places. HAHAHAHA

Anyway, with so much going on in my life, this is the last thing I wanted to deal with, but our daughter is taking her responsibility seriously and is being very good about keeping the cages clean and making sure they have water and food suitable for them. She is even reading a book about bunny care and doing a report on it for school.

So, hello from a new bunny owner in upstate NY!

[align=center]Here are photos of our two new residents by the way....

This is our girl bunny Angela

33578_1534958848660_1075492646_31529765_3511773_n.jpg

And this is our boy bunny Max

37141_1534960768708_1075492646_31529769_4771853_n.jpg

[/align]

Hello Colorqueen and welcome to Rabbit families :) Your daughter has a big crush on bunnies and she does the jobs very well. You're so lucky :) I have one niece who wants a bunny since she knew that my husband and I have one. We're trying to tell her that it's not the right time, she's too young and just wants to "have" a bunny. We ended up by buying her a bunny doll. :faint: Nice to meet you. Your bunnies are cute !

Hi there!

You made the right choice with the doll for now. My daughter is 11 but she got a job at a fiber fest bunny sitting and helping people get interested in the bunnies - and she was pretty good at it. So, the woman promised her a bunny if she worked it off the following year.

We were not keen on the idea, because as you know, pets take serious commitment and we were not sure we were up to it.

Then the woman did not show up at the festival and our daughter was disappointed as she waited the whole year. Suddenly we ran into her and found out she had to move away to another state, and was willing to give our daughter the bunny she promised with cage and all.

In a series of events the other bunny was without a home last minute so we took him too.

I must say, they are a lot of work on the one hand, but so funny and delightful on the other hand. I know that everything will work out though one way or another. I just get so wrapped up in animals if they are sick - trying to make them better.

I am that way with humans too though, so it is nothing new.

Thanks for the welcome- it is great to meet you!

Your bunnies are adorable and hilarious looking. My favorite thing about bunnies is how they can make us laugh. I think I've posted on your Infirmary thread about mites, right? It would be best to have threads on their illnesses there as many people who help with bunny health issues don't look in other areas of the forum. Welcome!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Your bunny's are beautiful. I am glad your daughter is taking good care of the bunny's.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Although Max is much more laid back and easy to work with, Angela is one of those bunnies I just can not look at without breaking out in laughter. She just has one of those faces. HAHAHAHA

kirbyultra wrote:
Angela looks like she's about to tell us a joke but she can't keep herself from chuckling. It's such a funny pic!! Great to see another bunny owner in NY.

super cute buns!..alot of my family is in Rochester..im from New Paltz but ive been in AZ since 5th grade and im 41 now so i only remember New York from a childs eye...example i thought living where it snowed was fabulous...now as an adult i prob wouldnt be so excited about shoveling it or driving in it...anyways welcome to the fabulous world of bunnies!..

Latest posts

Back