Angora?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score

I was reading an article that the Palm Springs, CA shelter was waiving adoption fees this month in an effort to find homes for many cats and dogs and 1 rabbit. I had to look, and this is what I found. The lone rabbit at this shelter is said to be an Angora, I assume they "guessed" this based solely on the fact that he has long hair...but look at his ears. They look very small. Is this normal or do you think something happened to him?

get_image.asp

class=TitleThis OTHER-ID#A011901

I am a neutered male, black and white Angora.

My age is unknown.

I have been at the shelter since Jul 19, 2007.

This information is 9 hours old.

Well, it's not easy to get a good look at his ears in that pic, but he doesn't look like Angora to me. Mabye an Angora cross? Or even JW cross. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will pipe in here soon. ;)

It looks more like a jersey wooly cross to me. First it looks very small for any angora. second the ears are just too small for an angora.

I have met a lot of people who refer to any rabbit with long hair as an angora.

RunnyBabbitRabbitry wrote:
It looks more like a jersey wooly cross to me. First it looks very small for any angora. second the ears are just too small for an angora.
That's true, I hadn't even thought about his size. I really doubt that he is Angora, probably a cross of Jersey Wooley. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that, LOL.

Are the ears as short as they look in the picture? Like a couple of cm? I can't tell if it is the angle or not, but if they are how they appear,maybe he has had the tips removed for some reason.

I agree he is too small to be an angora.

To me though, he looks like some sort of strange rodent, lol.

Flashy wrote:
To me though, he looks like some sort of strange rodent, lol.
LOL. I though the same thing at first. When I clicked on his picture I wasn't sure he was a rabbit at all. I emailed the shelter and have not received a response about his ears. I wonder why the tips would be removed?

It could have been an accident, or the mum might have chewed/licked them off at birth. Also there was a thread a few months ago about a buns ears dying. That was because the bun did not have good circulation, so the tips struggled, the ears started to die, then the feet and tail would go (might be worth searching for that one). There could be lots of reasons, but if the ears are that short, it might be worth finding out if they know why.

Latest posts

Back