Angora Grooming Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephiemarie78

Reaction score
I've been reading alot bout grooming and care of Angora rabbits. The 2 that I rescued have lots of different size mats. I was going to see if i can find a groomer to shave them but some of the stuff i've been reading is making me think that might be a bad idea.

I was thinking that I'll just get some differnt brushes and work on a section at a time and just cut what mats i can't get out. Whats the best types of brushes to get.

Also was reading that some food is better then others to help the wool grow or something. Right now I use Rabbit Chow. I'd love for them to have a beautiful long coats. I don't mind having to brush them daily.

I have no idea on the food. But the combs I see getting used over here are like nit combs long metal combs that are very tight in between the teeth. We use one like that on our lionhead too.

I would certainly try to do it by sections and cut out any big mats good luck it will be a tough task!

Yea I have something like that. I bought a few different ones. I'm going to start on them this weekend. Its going to be a chore! but well worth the effort.

I left my digital camera at work but I'll bring it home tomorrow so I can show you pictures of my two angoras - they are english/french angora mixes and will eventually be beautiful, but one was extremely matted and both were pretty filthy when I first came into contact with them.

I've done a lot of brushing, a LOT of clipping and I'm still nowhere near where I want to be with either of them at this point. Still, in the end I think they'll be beautiful.

Latest posts

Back