Angery and Annoyed..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
So, heres the deal here lol...i know it sounds stupid and whatever but its really got me upset. my boyfriend pretty much stole my bunny. i came up with an idea like i keep him for one week if i talk my parents into it, and he keeps it the other and we rotate so he gets to know both of us. and he shoots down my idea cuz "hes attached". i mean yeah im attached to Ceaser too, but he hasnt gotten one thing for him, im the one spending my pay checks on Ceaser and my cat. I want Ceaser to get used to me too. And im sure my parents wouldnt flip out for me keeping him for a week every other week. I guess im just ranting. i mean how would you feel if you were putting in everything and only got a tiny bit in return? he was against the bunny thing in the first place and now hes on bunny overload lol. its funny but at the same time its driving me nuts. i want my bun bun T__T

Edit: i only get to go to my boyfriend's house like once every 3 weeks if im lucky. so you can kinda see where im getting at with wanting to switch off.

I just have to say that moving Ceasar around that much is really stressful and it will probably make it take longer to bond with him because he's being moved around so much. ;)

Can't your boyfriend just come and visit Ceasar every day if he's so attached to him? (That's quite cute he's attached so much, btw!)

Emily

yeah, i guess so, my parents are pretty strict though, i'd have most luck only getting them to let me have him for a week. even if it was one week a month id be happy. its mainly my mom then it is my dad.
and as far as him being so attached, yeah its cute and all but its also making me kinda mad cuz hes just taken completely over. i dont have a say in anything. its like all im good for is the pay checks

With the current living situation you have going right now I would leave Ceaser at your boyfriend's. It sucks but it's better than having such a stressed out rabbit.

yeah im working on getting my own place here soon. it sucks being 18 with a job that can afford to have an animal that stays in a cage most the time besides free run time for about 4 to 5 hours. oy. like i said its the mom not my dad so much. bleh. im going to see what i cant do about working out some kind of deal with my parents. bwhahaha im not giving up the fight =P

I take my rabbit evie back and forth with me to my moms and dads, every other week at each house. I can honestly say its not that stressful for her. As long as your bun doesnt mind the car ride (for me its 5 min) then it should be fine taking him back and forth.

well he didnt have any trouble in the car when we had him in there. we drove around for an hour, so i dont think a 17 minute car ride would stress him out. i dunno. he did nip me once in the car but that was right after i got him from the breeder and her drive to where we were was about 2 hours. so i dunno. lol

Yeah some bunners are sweet with moving, my bro and his ex used to "share" custody with Daisy and Lilah as we had them from birth they got to experience car rides from early on and it was not uncommon to see us driving with 2 bubba bunnies on the dashboard lol. They were sweet with being living at two houses as it was "normal" for them.

Back when I first got lucy I would travel to and from my ex's place with her in an open cage on the train and in the car. She never had any problem with it, infact I think she loved the attention she got on the train, she always looked disappointed when people walked away.
I had no trouble with her bonding with me, she pretty much did it instantly over a day, though this may be different with other rabbits.
My suggestion is to tell your BF that you want to trial having it there, and if ceaser is fine with it then do it more regularly. If he misses her so much then he can just come and visit.

lol yeah. im trying to talk him into it. all im getting is no's. which is fustrating me more XD

Rabbits really shouldn't be moved around so often. It is really stressful for them to be in a car to begin with, and then also to adjust to a new environment. To be "adjusting" constantly would make my rabbits a nervous wreck, I know that for sure! I would suggest keeping him in ONE place. Regardless of where that is, it is safer for him and the rabbit will be much happier.

Also remember- even if you're paying, your boyfriend is taking care of him daily. So IMO, that labor is split pretty evenly, whether it is bunny labor or work. :)

:yeahthat: IMO, some of the earlier posters have rabbits that are the exception, rather than the rule when it comes to constant uprooting. Prey animals such as rabbits require a deep sense of security about their environment, which can be compromised by situations such as vehicle travel, new places, new people. I don't feel that their need for security would be met by the arrangements you describe.

I'm so pleased that your BF is embracing the onerous chore of looking after the bun! Not a lot of guys will do that :)

blah reading the posts is making me feel like a bad person now. lol i guess im just jealous he gets to spend every day with him and i would hardly get to see him =/ it sucks. im going to try to talk to my parents about it more and try to convince them to let me keep him here. my boyfriend comes over more then i get to go over there so i dunno. bleh we'll work something out.

If your boyfriend is attached and you're looking to get your own place soon.. if your parents are okay with you having a bunny there, why not get another bun? Then when you get your own place you could keep both buns and bond them or just each have your own rabbit.. no travel for the bunnies and you both get the satisfaction of having a full time bunny who is bonded with you.
Regardless, if your boyfriend loves the bunny so much he should be chipping in for care.. it's only fair. My boyfriend and I have several pets and though I put more work in, we try to split the bills pretty evenly. Fortunately we live together, so we don't have an issue with who sees the animals when, but we have the "when was the last time YOU cleaned" argument.

im trying to talk him into comming over tonight with ceaser while my parents are out so i can see him. im hoping i can talk the rents into letting me get a rabbit, im not giving up the fight about it lol im putting in all the pros to a rabbit, like how they stay in a cage most the time except for free run, and then how they are easier to take care of then a dog or a cat. how i know a breeder thats reliable and can work stuff out with her about getting a really good rabbit at a very good price. and how they really dont stink unless you dont take care of them and how you can litter box train them and such. i have my dad won over sorta, hes pretty much the typical dad whos always "Convince your mom" and passes the issue lol. so im thinking when my mom goes out of state for awhile on the 29th i can win this battle. and by then im hoping i have a better paying job cuz mine is cutting my hours x__X and hopefully have enough in the bank to start looking for a place.

Latest posts

Back