And I Wanted the Ribbon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buck Wyatt won BOB at this show and all I got was $10. Being very new to showing rabbits, I wnated the big ribbon that went along with it.
noribbon_zps3d683f24.jpg

Wait, did they forget to give you the ribbon? Because you could still ask and see if you could get it! If not, well, read this...

I feel for you. The first year showing chickens, I got 'Best of Show' for one of my girls' breed judging (that was a pretty big ribbon...). That really encouraged me to keep going! But last year... Poof. Nothing but blue ribbons for breed judging and showmanship for three shows straight! I started to get bored with 4-H because I wasn't improving or decreasing in ribbons, but I was (and still am) the person who studies the most in the whole club of like 30 kids! I know I can't really help breed judging - that's how the bird was born, I can't change them! But with showmanship, the judges that I've been through are TOTALLY unfair! Even my friends who are watching say that I totally earned champion or even reserve! But showmanship, I've never gotten more than a blue ribbon. And I've never gotten less either! I guess I should be happy...

Anyways, the point of all of this rambling is that I totally feel ya!

Some shows just give money or points. I never get discouraged by this. The more important thing is that people learn about you and you get a reputation to have beautiful rabbits, and make great friends.

I'm an adult and I totally would have wanted the ribbon too!

But Julia's right. There is something to a really well bred rabbit that does credit to it's breed.

.....and getting a ribbon to go with it....

Thanks all. Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to have Wyatt win Best of Breed and the 2 wins that lead up to that but It was only my second show with him and I only have 1 ribbon from his first show for his "troubles"

Are you just doing 4-H shows? At ARBA shows, Youth usually get at least a ribbon for the top places and may get a trophy for BOB. Congrats on the BOB, that's good!

Latest posts

Back