An Introduction to Cadbury!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatRabbit

Reaction score
Hi!
Cadbury is a one year old half Dutch ball of ankle biting furry fun!
I bought her at the pet store at 8 weeks old and she was tiny! She hasgrown quite a bit, developed a much darker coat and her personality hasreally developed.
She lives in a huge cage in the kitchen near the table and she playsall day in her box of dirt, small cage and her Summer Bungalow built byher grandfather. She has a blue fleece blanket and a towel that she isvery protective of! She likes to roll around and play with them,especially if you drape it over her head and play Where's the Bunny? :D

She thinks she's a dog and follows me around the apartment, weaving inand out of my feet. She has formed a permanent indentation in thecarpet behind my computer chair, where she lays down to watch me work,or she climbs under the desk to sit on my feet and chew my socks andpant legs. It's only a bother when she gets my ankle too!

She has a tendency to go Fat Rabbit- all of her feet disappearunderneath her and she bunkers down for a nap! She also performs theBunny500 daily, where she runs laps around the apartment, jumps up intothe air and skids across the kitchen floor!

Although her name is Cadbury, it's only used when she's in trouble! Shehas a long range of nicknames, including Bunny, Rabbit, Buns, BunnyButt(thank you, Cadbury's daddy!), Bugsy, Rodent and Kitten.
What can I say- we're creative!

She's very smart and is trained to use the litter box (most of thetime!) and knows when to go home (we pat her blanket and she comesrunning). She has full run of the entire apartment aside from thebedrms and bathrm as long as somebody is home with her.

Enjoy the pictures!

100_0360.JPG

100_0379.JPG

100_0878.JPG

She loves giving kissies!

100_0931.JPG

100_1119.JPG

Merry Christmas, Cadbury!
100_1183.JPG

A good potty trained rodent!

awww she looks like the sweetest little bunny,and by the sounds of it she has a great personality :)

cheryl

Funny bunny story you might enjoy...
Cadbury has the joy of traveling with me and her sister (Froglet theAfrican Clawed Frog) down to NJ from Rochester, NY where I go tocollege everytime I have a break in school. Luckily my parents love her- aside from when she sprays a particular corner of the front room,something she has only done once or twice in my apartment the entiretime I've had her.
My mom has several potted plants dotted throughout the front room andCadbury likes to chew them, so my mom put a few of them on the coffeetable, out of reach. Or so we thought.
Sitting in my bedroom, I heard a crash and knew my Buns had somethingto do with it! Ran into the front room to see a huge pile of dirt and acracked ceremic bowl in the middle of the front room, all over our pinkcarpet! Sitting in the middle of that dirt, Cadbury, with a green planthanging from her mouth. My dad appeared at the same time and made a maddash to rescue the plant. Cadbury took one look at him and took offaround the front room, dragging the plant behind her! She refused tolet go and my dad chased her for a few minutes, Cadbury having a ball,running continuously through the dirt, leaving little bunny feet behindher! Finally, my dad laid on the floor next to me, where I had alreadycollapsed of laughter of the Great Chase.
Seeing us on the floor, Cadbury - still dragging her plant - flopped her side next to me, panting furiously.

A good workout was completed by all! :bunnydance:

We weren't going to tell my mom and turned the bowl crack-facing-the-wall.
But the second she came in, we started giggling so she knew something had happened while she was out!
Sitting casually near dirt... Maybe I'll just blend in with this rabbit...
bunnydirt2.jpg

Ohhh! Dirt! Go go go!
bunnydirt1.jpg

hehehe, we always call her rodent... or when she's being particularly naughty, she's "mommy's little vermin!"
although daddy doesn't like that phrase because he says it's mean ;)

FatRabbit wrote:
Funny bunny story you might enjoy...
Cadbury has the joy of traveling with me and her sister (Froglet theAfrican Clawed Frog) down to NJ from Rochester, NY where I go tocollege everytime I have a break in school. Luckily my parents love her- aside from when she sprays a particular corner of the front room,something she has only done once or twice in my apartment the entiretime I've had her.
My mom has several potted plants dotted throughout the front room andCadbury likes to chew them, so my mom put a few of them on the coffeetable, out of reach. Or so we thought.
Sitting in my bedroom, I heard a crash and knew my Buns had somethingto do with it! Ran into the front room to see a huge pile of dirt and acracked ceremic bowl in the middle of the front room, all over our pinkcarpet! Sitting in the middle of that dirt, Cadbury, with a green planthanging from her mouth. My dad appeared at the same time and made a maddash to rescue the plant. Cadbury took one look at him and took offaround the front room, dragging the plant behind her! She refused tolet go and my dad chased her for a few minutes, Cadbury having a ball,running continuously through the dirt, leaving little bunny feet behindher! Finally, my dad laid on the floor next to me, where I had alreadycollapsed of laughter of the Great Chase.
Seeing us on the floor, Cadbury - still dragging her plant - flopped her side next to me, panting furiously.

A good workout was completed by all! :bunnydance:

We weren't going to tell my mom and turned the bowl crack-facing-the-wall.
But the second she came in, we started giggling so she knew something had happened while she was out!
Sitting casually near dirt... Maybe I'll just blend in with this rabbit...
LOL!!!! naughty little bunny!:laugh::roflmao:

I'm not sure if I mentioned the Cadbury is more princess daughter then rabbit.
Actually, I don't think she knows she's a rabbit and I have proof!
At my parents' house over the summer, we decided that Cadbury wouldlove to go outside in the dog cage to enjoy the grass and sunshine Ilive in an apt so she hadn't been outside before. I'm terrified to walkher on a leash as my boyfriend's sister had a rabbit who escaped herleash never to be found again.
So out we go with more equipment then necessary. I felt like one ofthose mom's who is bring her newborn baby out for the first time everand brings everything under the sun- for a walk around the block. I hadthe blanket, the Bungalow, snacks, a pillow for me to sit on, and thishuge dog cage that pops open.
I set it all up on the grass, arrange myself on the pillow and my dad gently lowers Cadbury into the grass.
You should have seen the look of horror on her little face. First shegoes wide eyed and then, realizes the sun is bright, and squintsdesperately around. Then she realized she is standing on something notsoft or fun and she does the lizard-in-the-desert-thing: She takesturns raising one paw and grimces, not even able to place all 4 paws onthe ground.
Finally, she picks her way over to me on my cushion, very carefullyraising each paw as far as she can. She begins edging herself onto thecushion until I find myself on the grass while she now spreads out onthe cushion.
She wouldn't set paw onto the grass again.

We tried setting it up on the deck too. No luck. This time, she jumpedfrom her blanket to my cushion, refusing to touch the wood, shooting usdirty looks.

Just a story I recalled looking at the pictures of all the other bunnies enjoy the great outdoors!
Pictures to come on Cadbury sunbathing on the front room in front of the back door.
That's the closest she'll get to the big field behind us!
:rabbithop

Okay! Got some pictures to share :)

grooming.jpg

Cadbury grooming her mommy

house.jpg

The wonderful land of Cadbury-glory. Including the wooden SummerBungalow, the Turned-Upside-Down-and-Thoroughly-Chewed Paper Box, theDirt Box in the corner and the Potty in the back. Of course the kitchentile can get cold, so it is covered in a wonderful blue fleece blanketthat the Buns is particularly protective of. It was her first blankie!

laying.jpg

Ah yes. The famous CD-tower box that was once tall and proud. It hasbeen chewed so much it's structure has weakened and Cadbury can nolonger stand on it. It looks disgusting on the carpet but I can't breakthat furry little heart and throw it away.

sleepybuns.jpg

Snoooore.
That rabbit has her father's ears.

wokeup.jpg

What? Why'd you wake me up? Who, me?

slippers.jpg

I don't know who these two bunnies are but they're great friends! A little tickly, I must admit.
Cadbury has recently discovered my slippers. She's a shoe-girl, likeher mother. Although she buries her face in these ones and tosses themthrough the air, which results in a lot of rabbit sneezes.

sunbathing.jpg

Sunbathing. I need my Cosmo and wide brimmed hat. Margarita, anybun?

sunbathing2.jpg

Still waiting on the margarita, Mom.

I like those sunbathing pics! Cadburyis so cute! I guess it goes to show that the great outdoorsis not for everybunny. I haven't tried with mine, althoughI've thought of bunnyproofing my deck. My buns don't feelsafe when they can't get back to their homes on their own.

She looks just like my bunny, Gretchen. She is 1/2 Dutch too and also has those huge ears.

This weekend we had a full house- my parents,brother, his friend and my boyfriend's sister all came up to stay withus for the SpringFest that my college had. This involved a majorcleaning- kitchen, bathroom, living room- including Cadbury! She hadthe floor of her house scrubbed, brushed, litter changed, beddingchanges, blanket shook, etc etc. What happens? We pick Jameson's sisterup from the airport and are sitting in the living room talking andapparently somebunny gets jealous (despite the pile of leafy snacksthat were flown up here in a carry-on bag and presented to the littleball of fur) - she tips over her food bowl. Grabs her hay bowl with herteeth and swings it against the wall- hay everywhere! This was repeatedevery time I reloaded the bowl.
She looked might pleased with herself :cool:

It was a different story when my parents showed up. Cadbury is in lovewith my dad and went nuts when he showed up! She shot out of her boxand spent the evening running through his legs, chewing on his shoesand following him throughout the apartment so close he tripped overher! Finally, she flopped on the ground next to him and hum-hum-hummedher little bunny noises while he rubbed her face and she closed hereyes.

Ironically, I always tell them about the Bunny 500 where Cadbury runslaps through the apartment, bounces off the walls and takes the cornerssharply, spinning herself into the kitchen. During her hyper-time thisweekend, she sat in her house and napped. They left, we settled on thesofa and Cadbury started her engine and lapped the entire apartment!

Silly little bunny. I wouldn't put it past her that she did it onpurpose and had a good giggle about it once we went to bed! :wink:

Picture time!

headinfood.jpg

You can't leave a bag of food anywhere!
A great advertisement for the company :p

laundrybox.jpg

Helping Grandma with the laundry.

bigfeet.jpg

Hello. I have large feet.

Latest posts

Back