An intro from me (and, I guess, my soon-to-be)!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceilpaws

Reaction score
Well, I guess a hello is in order!

I just happened upon this site when I was doing some last minute research this evening. I'm going to be a new bunny owner in just a matter of days (if not sooner!) and I am excited to have found this site before bringing my soon-to-be house rabbit home.

To tell you a bit about myself, my name is Lexy and I'm (almost) 31 years old. I live in the midwestern US and work at a busy veterinary clinic. There, I help run the front of the office and also work as a vet assistant. There's nothing I love more than my job, but I've decided that it is time for me to put my love of animals to the test. And, since I live in an apartment that does not allow cats or dogs, I have made the decision to once again live with a house rabbit (my landlord has given me the green-light). And, I'm super excited!

I grew up doing 4H and developed my love of all things bunnies then. And, I had a house rabbit or two all throughout my adolescent and teenage years. But, when I moved out on my own, I never had the time, space, or money to properly take care of a bunny. So, all bets were off and I lived vicariously through our many clients that had rabbits. But, times have changed and I'm now in a position to once again bring a bunny into my life. And, that's exactly what I am planning to do.

I've got the basics set and I'm just waiting to find the right bunny to call my own. I am planning on adopting my rabbit. Unfortunately, we don't always see happy endings at the clinic where I work. A coworker of mine is fostering a number of rabbits and kits that came from someone who no longer could provide care for them. I helped her set up shop for them, but I haven't seen them since. And, there have been some babies added to the mix. I'm planning a visit in the next few days, if not tomorrow, and am going to bring my bunny home following that meet-and-greet. So, magic should be happening in my apartment any day now!

That's me in a nutshell. I feel like I am well-versed in rabbit care. But, how wonderful to have come across a community that shares my love for bunnies?! I am definitely looking forward to getting to know y'all.

So, no goodbye from me - hopefully, you'll be seeing lots of me and my new house rabbit soon!

Welcome to RO and congratulations on your soon to be new bun!

This site is a wonderful place for learning, getting advice and sharing our love for our bunnies. We are always happy to have anyone new that has experience and so can give advice to those of us who need it.

Make sure to post some pics after you get your bun, we love seeing them all!

Hi Lexy! Congratulations on nearly becoming a bunny mama again! :wave:

Sounds like you're an ideal person to be caring for a little bun. He or she will be in safe hands!

Hi & :welcome1, Lexy & your soon-to-be bunny!
Just wanted to take a minute to welcome you to RO! You sound like you have been & will be again a great bunny parent! I have my first bunny girls (sisters) after many years throughout my life of mainly cats but also dogs. I've found RO to be a wonderful place to learn & "meet" other bunny people! RO is my online bunny home! Everyone is friendly, knowledgeable & very helpful. Hope you will make yourself at home here at RO. Oh, & we love pix so whenever you get your bunny & he/she is settled in please post lots of his/her pix!

Hi Lexy, welcome to RO. as a first time bunny mom myself I have found everyone here to be helpful, supportive, and super nice. Congrats on your soon to be bunny, cant wait to see pictures! :)

Thank you all for such the warm welcome! I'm loving this site so far and I cannot wait until I get to bring my bunny home so that I can share all about him or her with y'all. I'm having a ball in the meantime, though!

I so appreciate that you all think I will be a good bun-bun owner. Pets and animals as a whole are incredibly important to me - they're my life! Not being able to have a cat or dog is difficult sometimes. But, thankfully, I get to live vicariously through my clients at work. I am so grateful to be able to have my own pet, though. So, I'm waiting with bated breath until I find my rabbit-to-be. But, I know it'll be worth the wait. And, besides, we're talking days or a week here, not years!

Don't worry - as soon as my house rabbit comes home, I'll be posting pics like a mad woman. You'll all be begging me to stop! But, really, I truly do feel at "home" here and can't wait to share my new addition with everyone. But, until that time comes, I'll just continue perusing the site and sharing my own experiences. A huge thank you to all of you being here and for this site in general. And, again, thanks for the welcome!

Hello! Super news your getting a bunny. I am interested in seeing pics. I have one mixed breed called Bobbie who I think is a boy. Here is a pic for you

Oops didn't attach it before

1389033908001.jpg

Oh, Bobbie is a cutie patootie!

I'm sorry to report that I still haven't gotten my bunny. The below freezing temps here have shut everything down and, even though it was warmer today, it wouldn't have been appropriate to go to my coworker's house to see her fosters. Tomorrow may be the day, though, provided the weather holds up and I have an opportunity to also pick up some last minute supplies.

I talked to my coworker, though, and she can't wait for me to come over and pick out my house rabbit. I did see them when I first helped her set up for them, but there have been babies born since who are also ready to go. So, it's a matter of going, meeting everyone, and then finding a bunny who will match my personality and what I am looking for. I am so excited that I can hardly sleep at night - I'm like a little kid at Christmas! But, I'm having to be patient.

Trust me, as soon as I bring home my bunny, I'll let y'all know. And, I'm sure there will be loads of pictures to follow.

Welcome to RO! I am also residing here in the Midwest tundra! I am owned by 4 fluffy tailed buns! Congrats on the new family member! I learn new stuff everyday from this site :)

Well keep safe in the big freeze as its meant to be dreadful! I wonder if we will get any of the freeze in the UK! Well keep us posted, excited to see your new edition x x x

Back