American Pet Diner pellet food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
I need to switch the pellet food I'm using. I've been feeding Kaytee Timothy Complete, because it's easy to get. It's not the worst out there (no seeds or colored bits), but I know it's not the best, either.

Has anyone tried the American Pet Diner "Timmy" Pellets? It looks really good, but I'm annoyed that it's only available online. Someone at the last HRS meeting recommended it, and since we get the hay through them, they might be able to order the pellets for me as well. (I just don't like having to order the foods, we sometimes run out of hay a few days before the meeting, and I'm in an apartment, I just don't have room to store huge quantities of stuff.)

I'm also considering Oxbow Bunny Basics. I can get that locally, but only at the horrible pet store down the street that sells baby bunnies. I don't like supporting pet stores that sell animals, but if I'm going to, I'd rather go to Petsmart, the ones here don't sell rabbits. (PetCo is closer, but they sell rabbits, so I won't shop there.)

I know, I know. I don't like mail order because it's not local. I don't like local because I don't want to support the pet stores. I'm full of contradictions.

And I may live in Kansas, but I'm in the city and all the feed stores are a 30+ minute drive for me, so that's not an economical choice, either.

Also, has anyone tried SunSeed?

I've used APD for about 4 years now. It's a high quality pellet and the bunnies love it. A 10 lb. bag usually lasts me about 6-8 weeks. I also use their hay. I hope you can have your HRS group order it in for you.

Latest posts

Back