Am I talented?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkerbunnies

Reaction score
I take voice lessons, and me and my teacher both think I'm pretty good. I've had people tell me to go on Americas Got Talent, the Voice, etc. But, my sister tell me that, behind my back, people roll their eyes and ask her to tell her to ask me to stop. There is a talent competition going on at my school, and I want to audition, but my sister tell me that nobody will like it. I just want some advice to know what to do. I have the 12th - 16th to sign up. Thank you guys all so much. I just feel really insecure.

- Big Wig and Blackie Chan.

Sister will be sisters... try not to take it to heart... if I were you i would audition.. if people are rolling their eyes at you they are just jealous of your voice..

Thank you. I wanted to tell my sister " I'm not singing around your friends, or people your age, so back off," but I'm trying not to be snarky. We have to do an anger management think for P.E. Already found my first thing. When I told her there were tryout, she nodded her head, said " Oh good" and walked away. I really appreciate your advice. I'm going to sign up.

I think you should do what makes you happy. Life is short and, growing older, you'll have more regrets about not trying than about failing. Nothing is more sad than seeing adults go 'I could have been an artist / done this if I had done that'. Maybe it's their own delusion, but at least if you go for it, you can say 'I tried and it wasn't for me'. I tried a lot of different things before deciding on my job and I can say that, even if it's not perfect, it's the one that fits me best. In the end, I don't think being talented even has anything to do with it : if you like to sing and to be on a scene, go for it and see what happens. Even if you don't win, you can still make a good memory out of it.

A long time ago, I was in Chorale at school and you had to audition to get in. Try an audition or find someone who does lessons or a school teacher in that line and ask for a critique. Keep an open mind about and remember that if you don't try you'll probably regret it. You may be like me--I'm a pretty good Tenor/Baritone but I'm not a great one.

Thank you all of you. I am sure I would regret not trying out, and it would haunt me. I have been wanting to be a singer/songwriter, or a writer, for a couple years now. Solos are great opportunities. Even if I do fail, at least I would have tried. Thank you, all of you. You make me so much better. Today, at girl scouts, I was practicing, and everybody said I had a beautiful voice.

Thank you all. I get that I would regret it. You have to seize life by the horns. I would feel bad if I didn't get in, but worse if I didn't try. I was in girl scouts, and I started to sing for a solo. Everyone became quiet, and at the end, people said I had a beautiful voice. All of your support is appreciate.

Singer / songwriter / writer are all (vastly different) careers you can try out for while doing something else which is great - a lot of people do that on the side while working somewhere else / studying waiting to see if it goes somewhere. If it doesn't, music and litterature are still cool hobbies to have. Just, as a word of advice... study a lot. Even if you decide one of those is really your dream job, get a degree and go for something with which you'll be able to get a job anytime if things get bad. Trust me, those are great jobs but they are very precarious and most of us don't make much money so it's best to have something you can fall back on. Good luck with the competition!

Latest posts

Back