Am I not Baby's favorite person anymore?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
ok, it's been going on the 2nd month since I hadbaby spayed. I still can't pick her up at allanymore. I can still pet her and love her and give her treatsand all that. Just absoluetly no picking up now.And she use to follow me around and run circles around me and now shedoesn't.

She still binky's and runs her bunnylap 500's. She still trys to pick at the carpet:(.

Just wondering....

babymommy wrote:
...she use to follow me around and run circlesaround me and now she doesn't.
The circling behavior is a sexual one, so it is no wonder that it has ceased now that she is spayed.

I cannot account for the reluctance to be picked up. OurErnestine can only be picked up s..l..o..w..l..y, otherwise shepanics. No matter how slowly we put her back down into thecage, she struggles to break loose from our grasp.

Many rabbits react adversely to being picked up, it it myunderstanding, because it is akin to being attacked by a raptor orother predator and being whisked off their feet. Of course,this does not seem to apply in Baby's case if she was previouslycomfortable with the action.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:

I cannot account for the reluctance to be picked up. Our Ernestine canonly be picked up s..l..o..w..l..y, otherwise she panics. No matter howslowly we put her back down into the cage, she struggles to break loosefrom our grasp.

Many rabbits react adversely to being picked up, it it myunderstanding, because it is akin to being attacked by a raptor orother predator and being whisked off their feet. Of course, this doesnot seem to apply in Baby's case if she was previously comfortable withthe action.

Buck

Oh thats why, I just thought my bunny was afraid of heights, since heusually does not jump up on the furniture or anything else.

Buck,

Thanks as always for your insite. I do miss the circling partthough. But I guess that's ok. To the picking uppart....She was nevera real fan of it. But I couldusually atleast pick her up and take her to the next room and set herdown. Just short intervals like that. But now,she'll have no part. I think shes thinking, ....the last timeyou picked me up, you took me to someone who cut on me and made me sorefor several days, so forget it.:p

Also, you may can help with another question. Today at lunchI went home and she decided it was nap time, so she dove onto her side,which is hillarious, tummy towards me for a change. Wherethey shaved her, I thought it would grow back in kindaevenly. But it's not, it in splotches. Is thatnormal?

Back