Am I doing this right?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
From what I've gathered by what people have said, the more you handle your bun, the more comfortable they get with you (over time of course.) The thing is, she doesn't exactly like to be petted or get picked up at all.. I've only had her for a few days, so I don't expect her to be all cuddly or anything. I know it will be a long process to gain her trust. If she neverends up liking being picked up, I'll understand.When I let her out of her cage, she isn't completely afraid of me.. She will even come up to me and eat treats out of my hand, but when I pick her up, she panics. Recently I've been forcing the issue a little more by wrapping her up with a towel and holding her in my arms for a while, hoping to get her used to the idea and get her to see I wont hurt her. I even tried giving her treats while I'm holding her to "reward" her, but she wont eat them.. When I put her backdown afterwards, I will give her a slice of apple (from my hand) and she will eat it and go on about her business. I'm worried that holding her puts her in a state of panic and could be bad for her?Is itthe wrong way to go about it? Should I keep using the "forced lovins" method until she is used to it? Or will that just hurt or ruin her chance of bonding with me. I understand that it will take a long time to bond, but I don't want to scare her and make her afraid of human contact.I hope I am doing the right thing. :(

Latest posts

Back