Am I crazy? This baby is blue right??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
100_4210.jpg

100_4209.jpg

100_4208.jpg

Oh, forgot to mention that mom is blue and dad ia black. Im just so confused because this baby doesnt look black or blue to me. I thought I was seeing things but compared to the other babies who are clearly black...this baby isnt.

Ok, in the dads peds there is chin,tort (black and blue),black, REW, chestnut, sable point, and lynx. Moms is blue, opal, chin, steel, and tort. Could the baby be opal?

Definitely not chocolate as it isn't brown enough - doesn't seem blue though.

Oh Pam.......

TinysMom wrote:
I was wondering about seal.....or dark siamese sable...

That's what I think too! That is how they start out. Smoky grey pretty much matches the description of their color. I made the same mistake when I had my first seal babies! I was calling them blue up until they were almost 3 weeks old. Looks like it will be shaded.

It must have come from further back in their heritage. rabbit genetics are just funny like that. And you do already have a lot of shaded in their background.

yeah siamese sables look dark blue when they are babies...flashes from cameras make the brown stand out. When they get a little older they get some silvery ticking in their fur. Then they turn brown... hahaha! Such weird stages they go through. lol

wooly_queen wrote:
yeah siamese sables look dark blue when they are babies...flashes from cameras make the brown stand out. When they get a little older they get some silvery ticking in their fur. Then they turn brown... hahaha! Such weird stages they go through. lol
Wow, thats interesting. Thanks everyone. I will post again in a week or so. Maybe the mystery will be revealed,lol.

Latest posts

Back