Already wanting to adopt another baby so Boba has a friend

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bonded my two as babies and it worked very well. They both got neutered/spayed at 4 months old and still get along very well! I thought they were both female but when they got neutered it turned out one was a male so I could have had an accidental pregnancy from that. It works best keeping them together if they are the same sex. You could always put the cages side by side though if they are opposite sex so they can see and smell each other.

If you're new to rabbits, I'm not sure what you should do. Sometimes they get along fine when babies, but get so territorial during puberty that they don't like each other after that. The other road you might choose is, after Boba is neutered, visit an animal rescue that allowed speed 'dates' & he can pick out his new friend. It depends on the shelters in your area, but you can check them out now at petfinder.com, so you'll know their policies. I have a feeling that most rabbit rescues have the most rabbits available about 4-6 months after Easter, which might be good timing after his neuter.

Latest posts

Back