Aloha From Hawaii

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackalope

Reaction score
Hey there!

We're the proud new owners of two young rabbits. One is a Dwarf Hotot. She is 3 months old, and has blue eyes. We call her Frost. I have read that blue eyes is a flaw, and I have some specific questions regarding her sensitivity to sunlight as we will have an outdoor set-up for play.

(they will be separated in bunny run)

The other one is a three month old Flemish Giant. We call him Sasquatch. He's big, gentle, great with the kids and cat. We love him. Getting bigger by the day.

We just want to introduce ourselves to the community, and learn some more about these two amazing breeds from those with experience.

Best Regards
Denise

DSC05797.jpg

DSC05806.jpg

DSC05818.jpg

DSC05815.jpg

Your bunnies are beautiful! I love Dwarf Hotots. You mentioned you would be taking your rabbits outside- make sure it doesn't exceed 75 degrees when they're out, as the heat combined with Hawaii humidity isn't good for bunnies. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the kind words, KKM. It actually doesn't get that humid on our side of the island, but we have plenty of shade and frozen water bottles too. On the rare days when the heat is too much, we will bring them in.

Your bunnies are adorable😍
I've never seen a hotot with blue eyes... I can't get hotots in Australia :( Blue eyes really match hotots and they look stunning

Thank you Nancy McClelland. (Larry)

MC Bunnies: I too have never seen a blue eyed hotot. They really stood out among her siblings, and I swear no photoshop has been used.

The gentleman who sold her really didn't want the blue eyes. I guess it's a major flaw for Hotot's. Too bad.

Thanks for the welcome to both of you. I like looking at the pic's of other bunnies on this site. Nice looking bunch.

Look at those lop ears! Is that Blueberry or Chester? Both are beautiful.

Back