Alls I want for my b'day is..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Bracon~

Reaction score
Ok you may remember a friend of mine joining the forum a few months back, she had just bought a lionhead rabbit from pets @ home. Well with issues at home etc her step mum rung me up today and asked if I knew anyone who would take him... ahem.. well I said yes I would. I really cant get anymore! lol. We have plenty room for another cage etc, its just the spending time with each rabbit thing, but Ill have to work that one out.

Anyway, so "Moomin" has a few problems, my friends step mum says he's aggressive when he gets into his cage and is very skittish. They knew this when they bought him from pets@home The time that I spent with him he seemed like a nice rabbit but just a little messed up:), I think he was abandoned before he came to the pet shop.

Well I no that neutering would calm him down a bit. My friend didnt want to because she thought it was too risky.

Anyway thats it for now, I think we might be picking him up later:biggrin2:I hope I can help him:(

Aw, what a happy birthday present :)

Maybe you could consider having two pairs now, each with a buck and a doe. If your bun lives with anothet bun, then you won't need to spend as much time with them because they won't be lonely, they will just need a big cage :)

I can't wait for pics :)

That is awesome! I'm sure you'll be able to help. Peaches' foster had said the same thing about her. She was cage agressive, especially when putting in food for her and skittish. Now, she only lunged at me once and has never done it again. :biggrin2:She is the perfect angel. I do think that she might have suffered abuse before with her skittishness but she has relaxed considerably and now comes over for pets and snuggles.

I'm sooo happy you are able to help. Can't wait for pics!

Happy Birthday Bracon! Hope your day is wonderful!

Good luck with the new boy! Very sweet of you to take him in. He might just need a real friend. Someone to focus his attention on? Bonding him with a girl might be the best thing. (Ahemmm, after neutering!)

BlueGiants wrote:
Bonding him with a girl might be the best thing. (Ahemmm, after neutering!)
Lol thats the first thing I intend to do! Might calm him down a bit aswell, well he's home now, The sheds at its limit now, its comfterble but cramped lol. Ive just taken some pics on my phone there really rubbish but Ill upoload them anyway, name sugg?

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Sorry about the rubbish quality!

Oh My GGGGGOOOSHHHH!!! He's adorable!!!

It's a good thing you live over the pond or I would be napping all of your bunnies!!!

Oh, he is so adorable! Congrats! I think that once he's neutered he should calm down, and maybe now he'll feel like he's in a more stable home and calm down too. Cinnabun was quite cage aggressive but I didn't really find it to be a problem. I just let him hop out of his cage on his own and put food in when he was out or else wore thick gloves to put food in. Once he was out of the cage, he was as sweet as can be. He got over it after a couple years, I think because the hormones calmed down some (he was neutered at 6 months of age so that wasn't the problem). Is he Bugs or did you get another bunny that I didn't hear about?

Latest posts

Back