All veggies make my buns poo runny :/

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondiesmommie

Reaction score
Ive tried all different greens, never fails, runny poo every time!
If I don't give 'em veggies, then there's no runny poo.
Man and it stinks too!!!!!!
Anyone else?????
:dunno

Liz, how old are your bunnies? If they are really young they say you shouldn't feed them greens. I think they 6 months is good to start them on greens.

What veggies are you giving them? Some can be very gassy for them. Also are you introducing them one at a time for a few days to see if the do have a reaction?

Mine eat kale, dandelion leaves, parsley, dill, leaf or romaine lettuce, carrot tops, dill, cilantro...I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Never iceberg lettuce, cabbage, broccoli (i'm sure i'm forgetting some here too).

Good Luck just do it very slowly. You may end up discarding some but at least you'll know what they like and what doesn't cause loose poos.

Susan:)

It just one of my bunnies, about 4 years old, kale, romaine, parsley, cilantro, bok choy, they eat them for a week or two at a time. Nothing seems to agree with his stomach.

How about dill, and carrot tops? Mine LOVE both of those. Do you give them treats too? My Daisy tends to get poopy butt if I give her treats. Kinda hard not to though when she knows I'm giving them to the other two.

You said it's really smelly. To me that sounds like excess cecals. They can be very stinky too, they look like grape clusters. And the can smear all over the place, one of mine does that every once in a while too.

Hopefully you can find a couple of things that he doesn't react too.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back