all about tracy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timetowaste

Reaction score
SO i want you all to know a little bit more about me! i mean, it's all about nemo on here usually, so i figured, since i'm part of the team now....:)

so. here goes!

i'm 22, and i'm originally from brooklyn, ny. i was born in nyc. when i was 14 my mom moved us here to arizona, with my shih tzu joey, who is now 11 years old and featured in my avatar. i just graduated from ASU (arizona state university) with a BA in psychology and a concentration in behavioral neuroscience, and i want to study the limbic system (emotions and memory center) and the effect of fear and anxiety conditioning on a certain cluster of nuclei in the brain called the basolateral complex (BLA) in the amygdala (structure in the limbic system).

right now i am in a lab with a manuscript in progress (i'm going to be a published author in a medical journal!) about dopamine, paw placement preference, and parkinsonian behaviors in the rat brain with previous memory treatment. i also am going to be an acknowledgement in a paper by a graduate student (this is his dissertation) about amphetamines effects on dopaminergic neurons and vesicular storage of dopamine and the method by which dopamine is transferred from cell to cell.

if you don't understand anything i just said, don't feel bad. sometimes IIII don't know what i'm talking about :)

other than that i spend most of my time at my many jobs. the first is of course researcher in the lab. the second is being a manager at a kids party place called BounceU here in scottsdale. i LOVE it so much, we have parties and open bounce sessions, and the kids all love bouncing on the inflatable castles and equipment we have here. my third job is being an art teacher for a company affiliated with crayola called Abrakadoodle. i teach kids after school programs and we mimic the artwork of famous artists such as andy warhol or georgia o'keefe. i love doing it and we stress the creation process as opposed to the final product outcome.

my last job is teaching dance lessons. i dance on a competition/exhibition dance team and coach people (usually people way older than me!) in a few different types of dance...latin dancing really. salsa, cha cha, merinigue, rumba, and....although i DO NOT STRIP...i do know pole dancing very well because i need to have the balance aspect and be able to hold weird positions for awhile, haha. i also have been ice skating since i was little and that helps me with my balance as well.

so...i guess that is it! well, the big things anyway. anyone else have anything in common with me, or am i the only crazy one!?!?!

tracy :)

timetowaste wrote:
anyone else have anything in common with me, or am i the only crazy one!?!?!

Uhm...I like rats, I took tap & ballet dance for 5 years as a kid, I live in Arizona...but I am origionally from New York :D, I never know what I am talking about, aaaaand....I think that's it.

:laugh:

Wow! Congratulations on your accomplishments, Tracy!:party0002:

Still :huhat some of your post, I'll have to reread it later. I'm tired. Thanks for telling us all about you. It's very interesting!

Welcome!:wave:

Welcome to Mod Light duty Tracy! You'll be wonderful here! Quite a list of accomlishments! Good for you!

My 15 year old daughter is very interested in Behavioral Psych. Not sure if it's going to go anywhere, but she spends a lot of time reading and trying to figure out her friends and help them... LOL! Oh yeah, and she's been dancing for 11 years (jazz andhip-hop) and she was on a Competition Kickline team last year (took 2nd in the state!) and is running Winter Track right now. It'sall I can do now to keep up with her and get her everywhere she needs to be!

You'll be a great asset here. (And Joey is adorable!)

if your daughter ever has any questions about what i do or other behavioral related fields, direct her to me! happy to talk about it and recruit!!! :)

tracy

Latest posts

Back