Alicia and the Zoo Crew 2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am nervous about the care, so I am reading a lot, and also asking a lot of questions.

Thank you.

You're welcome :) The corn snake forum isn't only about corn snakes lol....most people there own many different kinds of animals, and not just limited to snakes, or even reptiles.

I love the gecko forum I am on. They have tons of info but I like to look around for as much info as possible.

hartleybun wrote:
nice recap - hoppy new year zoo crew:bunnydance:
Emoticon is adorable :D!

For those who understand...Jax ate 12 superworms... Isa ate 6superworms!!!!!! On her own dropped them in and she dived in! My girl has become such a good hunter! I am so proud!!!!!

Hahah, I love watching them hunt...especially my beardie, he is such a pig. Drop in 20 crickets at a time and he will go crazy trying to fit them all in his mouth at once before they "get away" :p

Lol that is how Jax is though Isa is catching up.

Lol my gecko was terrible at hunting. She always missed - totally missed. :expressionless

Isa is up to 10 superworms.

I should also mention that Isa is 41grams.

Ok so update time.

Me: I have not been sleep but finally last night was able to sleep. I am having some issues with somethings but not many.

Rob: Misses Montana other than that he is good.

My brother: has been here on and off since about April. Don't think he is going anytime soon.

My other brother: should be coming for a week...

Now on to animal updates....

Bunnies:

Ringo: Is a goofy boy. Very happy go lucky bunny. He doesn't have a care in the world. When people meet him, really take the time with him they fall in love. What I share on here doesn't cover what he really is.

Connor;Dallas;Chibi;Wyatt: They seem to be happy with the changes. We are still working on feeding kinks. (Dallas doesn't handle pellets well.) You can see them in different groups or alone.

Teresa and Elvis: Are same as always. Some day we will get Elvis to stop chewing on litterpans.

Apple: Same as always a princess. Such a doll.

Gabriel: Is nutty, piggy self. No changes with him.

Fallon the foster: .... What can I say.... She is coming around, amazing personality.... No litterbox skills. That is horriblebecause that is a big problem when it comes to adoption. Nobody wants a messy bunny.

Dog:

Kashi: Is same as always, a great dog.

Reptiles:

Bo: Just went through a shed so need to clean up her tank.

Jax: Is at 65grams. I feel that I am now feeding a more varied diet and I feel good. Before she was getting just mealworms and crickets. Now she gets that along with some wax worms and superworms.

Isa: She is 41grams! I am so happy, she is finally showing intrest in all food. Diving at food when we put it in. She handles 10x better than ever! Main I was worried that I wasn't the right home for her but we have made it work and she is showing so much improvement.

Quinn and Madison: Are growing and so much fun to have. I can see having vipers always. I am in love with them!

Now on other animals...

The classroom gecko Carl: Carl is the gecko my friend is sitting for. He is doing better still has a bit to go but she says he is coming around. She still says that if the teacher doesn't want him back they will not keep him. I will be taking him I may find hima home but not sure...

[align=center]My Goal...To allowing myself to get a Crested Gecko[/align]
So what I am thinking is that I would like a crested gecko somewhere down the line but first I need to make my current reptiles shine! So I have a want/need list for them. Things to make there set-up perfect!

Vipers
1 med plant/leaf ones that stick to tank
1 small plant/leaf ones that stick to tank
Log ?
Vines ?
Debating sand
Background

Isa
Rock Cave/humid hide
1med plant /leaf ones that stick to tank
2 small plant/leaf ones that stick to tank
Critter Cage 20 Gallon Long by Zilla

Jax
Rock Cave/humid hide
1 med plant/leaf ones that stick to tank
2 small/leaf ones that stick to tank

Bo
2 large plants/leaf ones that stick to tank
3 stand alone plants
2 med plants/leaf ones that stick to tank
2 small plants/leaf ones that stick to tank

----------

Just need to pick up period...
Reptivite without D3

------------------------------------
Thinking about doing a mosiac tile for bottom of tanks...
------------------------------------------------------

Mind you the crested is a 1-2 years away.... Though I accept life can change on you. I don't plan on getting anything for the crested till I am sure that it is the right time and the others have all they need.

This is what I am looking at....

Crested need list...

18x18x18 Naturalistic Terrium by Zoo Med or Fresh Air Acrylic Atrium 18 x 12 x 20 by Zilla or PT2605 18" x 18" x 18" by exo-terra
eco-earth
red/blue light bulb low watt fine
two logs or vines
2 small plants/leaf ones that stick to tank
2 med plants/leaf ones that stick to tank
2 large plants/leaf ones that stick to tank
Rock Cave/humid hide
Mister
Cork Tile
Waterfall Kit
Mushroom Ledge
humidity/thermo gauge
Naturalistic Terrarium Hood

Ok so went to pet-co and the tank I LOVE is on sale... Not the tank but the tank package.... My mom said she could give me $30-40 towards it!

39002_467825991616_764921616_6251939_8322520_n.jpg

Also my petco is now using carpet for the leos and Beardies...

38530_467825886616_764921616_6251937_2804503_n.jpg

$100 seems like a good price..but eh. I am not sure. Plus it is kinda hard to match decorations like htat. And it has a heat lamp which is pointless, but maybe you can use it for Bo?

I have to use two heat sources for most of my girls because of how cool we keep it. So having the extras won't be to bad. The herp hotel is cute if it's like the one I have for the vipers we can make it work. The dishes eh extra never hurts. The carpet doesn't hurt to have on hand. Considering we plan on doing mosaic tile flooring isn't needed. This is like $30something more than what I can find the tank alone.

I am very sad came home last night and one of my vipers had dropped it's tail. No idea how. I think when I get the tank we are going to seperate them to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back