Alfalfa cubes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romeo-Girl

Reaction score
Alfalfa is supposed to be fattening, no? I've been buying them for Romeo lately and he loves them. I've never had a "fatty" problem with him though, he stays really skinny, so I thought that the alfalfa would be good for him.

I was wondering if I could feed them to two month old babies, though. I wasn't sure whether it would be bad for them or just too fattening for them at their age. I'm recieving the three babies tomorrow, and I was setting up their cage (already pampering them) and wondering whether or not the alfalfa cubes would be a nice addition to their diet.

I only give Romeo two. And because he gets timothy hay, veggies, and his staple pellets, he doesn't eat them up too quickly. Once they're gone, I give him two more, and so on. For three babies on a simlar diet (although, they're not supposed to eat veggies this young - that's what I heard anyway...?), I was going to give them the same amount. Two cubes for three babies.

Here's all the nutritional jazz: (they're from PETLAND, and quite expensive)

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

I would think it's okay. When I first got our bunny I fed him timothy hay, cuz I didn't know he needed alfalfa. The cubes are just compressed hay. It's less dusty than regular hay too

Tweetiepy wrote:
I would think it's okay. When I first got our bunny I fed him timothy hay, cuz I didn't know he needed alfalfa. The cubes are just compressed hay. It's less dusty than regular hay too
Oh, thank you. I figured it'd be okay, but it's always good to double check. :)

Latest posts

Back