ALAFALFA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigs4

Reaction score
ALL THE PET STORES AND WALMART HERE IN ST LOUIS ARE NOT HAVING ALFALFA IS IT HARD TO FIND? MY BUGS DO NOT LIKE TIMOTHY HAY. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO>

You could also try grass hay other than timothy. Walmart, Petsmart and Petco here sells several, there's meadow grass, brome, oat hay, and a few others.
Alfalfa hay is really not good for adult rabbits, so unless they are babies, I'd switch them over.

I would suggest you buy a bale from a farmer. We have horses so we have timothy/alfalfa mix which we pay $4 to $8 per bale. That's probably over 100 bags worth of petstore hay. Just keep the bale in your garage if you live in town.

We were also using alfafa hay for our rabbits until recently when one was dianosed with Statis. Then we learned alfafa hay was not good for an adult rabbit. Like yours ours did not like Timothy hay only the Kaytee Alfafa from Walmart. They wouldn't even touch another brand. Picky rabbits.

We just purchased the Oxbow Timothy hay and Orchard hay and mixed them together. The rabbits loved them! If you still need alfafa, Petsmart do carry the Kaytee Alfafa.

Latest posts

Back