Air filter recommendations?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonrain

Reaction score
Hello :)

My fiance and I had a cheap air filter in the bunny room, but it broke recently and I'd like to replace it with something better.

My bunnies have their own room, but it is connected to our bedroom. The air filter will probably be placed either in our bedroom, or in the bunny room, depending on how big it is. I want it basically to help keep the air fresher, smelling cleaner, and to reduce the amount of (hay) dust and fur that gets into the air.

Can anyone recommend a type of air filter? Ideally it would be something that can handle at least two large rooms. Something with a filter that I can clean out (rather than having to buy replacement filters all the time) would be good. I was thinking of getting an ionic breeze, but my fiance's aunt said she got one to help with her allergies (she also has a lot of pets) and that it broke pretty quickly. I don't know if that's typical or not though.

I want to look into them now, so if I find one that's not too expensive, I can ask for it for Christmas.

Any recommendations???

I recommend the Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier.
I think mine is the 17000 "Quietcare" model.

The HEPA filter cartridgeis permanent and can be vac cleaned every few months.
It also has a carbon fiber pre-filter that isinexpensive toreplace depending on amount of use.

The room I use it in is approx 14' x14' (approx 200 sqft).

It makes a MAJOR difference with dust and odor control.

I have this one. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9203710
I have mine next to the bunny's pen in the kitchen. It does a great job picking up the fur. Best part is the filter never needs to be replaced :)

Product Information
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier is Energy Star Certified and is 10X more effective than other Ionic Air Purifiers. This item features an air quality sensor that automatically adjusts the motor speed based on air quality conditions in the room. It also has a permanent filter that never needs to be replaced, just vacuum it clean. Plus, there is a FREE bonus pack-in, which is a Febreze Plug Mount Odor Eliminator ($15.00 value).

• Engery Star certified
  • 10X more effective than other Ionic air purifiers
  • Effective performance for large 180 square foot rooms
  • No filter replacement-just vacuum clean it two or three time a year
  • Air quality sensor
  • Quiet operation
  • Style that fits your lifestyle
  • Free bonus pack-in, Febreze Odor Eliminator

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
I have mine next to the bunny's pen in the kitchen. It does a great job picking up the fur. Best part is the filter never needs to be replaced :)

Product Information
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier is Energy Star Certified and is 10X more effective than other Ionic Air Purifiers. This item features an air quality sensor that automatically adjusts the motor speed based on air quality conditions in the room. It also has a permanent filter that never needs to be replaced, just vacuum it clean. Plus, there is a FREE bonus pack-in, which is a Febreze Plug Mount Odor Eliminator ($15.00 value).

• Engery Star certified
  • Air quality sensor
  • Quiet operation
I think I just found what I want for Christmas. :biggrin2:

mardigraskisses wrote:
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:

Product Information
  • Engery Star certified
  • Air quality sensor
  • Quiet operation
I think I just found what I want for Christmas. :biggrin2:
It worked great for me when my had the 2 bunnys in the bedroom so i keep an eye on there health since i'm allergic to rabbits i was using my inhaler very little.

Back