Ahhh! They're everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Well, the babies are no longer nicely confined to the box--they're off and running! Tank is NOThappy. lolololol

This morning I was feeding Tank when a little head popped out of thebox hole. After some deliberation, a fuzzy little body tumbled out headover heels and made a beeline for Mom and breakfast No. 2. He wassucking blissfully, eyes closed, little legs kicking madly--until momgot fed up and walked away, leaving him twitching on his back in themiddle of the cage. Nothing daunted, he hops up and heads for momagain, who steps on his head. He wiggles out from under her foot like alittle Houdini.

When the babies nurse, you can do anything to them. I took his littleback feet and strrrreeetched, and he just ignored me and went onsucking.

Seeing the fun, another little head appears in the doorway, and anotherfuzzy body comes rolling out. This one is more interested in what Ihave, so he comes bouncing over to the door and tries really reallyhard to eat the dried bread I have. If he managed to get off 3 crumbs,I'd be surprised. But he had fun.

I'm guessing they'll be mostly weaned in a week or so--Tank seems towean at about 3 weeks. Not that they're ready to go then, but with 10buns in one cage they'll be falling all over each other for severalmore weeks. This is the stage where they bite EVERYTHING, especially myfingers. They lick and lick and then when nothing comes out of thefinger they start chomping. lol

Rose

Poor Tank. A mother's work is never done LOL.I just love your baby updates. They are just so much fun to read, thankyou. Between getting stepped on, trying to steal bread and tusslingwith each other, those little ones keep you and Tank on your toes lol.How's Chester getting on? Those babies of yours are priceless.

Tina

Thanks. They sure do keep us all busy!

Little Chester, whichever one he may be, is doing fine! lol I'm guessing which are male and female but it's too soon to tell.

I'm going to bring them in for awhile now, hehehe

Rose

Rose. With those 10 babies there will be no moreroom for Tank soon poor thing:D. I never got to see Daisynurse any of the babies :(she must have done it first thingyou are so lucky to see that. I bet she can't wait until they areweaned so she can have a well earned rest :). Baby bunnies do the mostfunny things. How are your babies size wise - I still have a reallyhuge one and a little tiny one even though they are 5 weeks, he hasn'tyet caught up. Have you got a really small runt?My rabbitsarefeeding lovely now and are even having water fromthewater bottle. I just love hearing how you little ones aregetting on :)

Vickie

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Rose. With those 10 babies there will be no more room forTank soon poor thing:D. I never got to see Daisy nurse any ofthe babies :(she must have done it first thing you are solucky to see that. I bet she can't wait until they are weaned so shecan have a well earned rest :). Baby bunnies do the most funny things.How are your babies size wise - I still have a really huge one and alittle tiny one even though they are 5 weeks, he hasn't yet caught up.Have you got a really small runt?My rabbitsarefeeding lovely now and are even having water fromthewater bottle. I just love hearing how you little ones aregetting on :)

Vickie
Yes, Tank will soon be VERY crowded! I was lucky, Tank feeds between7:30 and 8:30 so every now and then I'd catch her at it. Now the babiesare bigger, they want to eat ALL the time.

The babies are now closer in size, but I do have two runts. And one bigone! In another litter I had, the runt didn't catch up for a goodcouple months, but now she's HUGE. These babies are a little over twoweeks and about as long as my hand when they are all curled up.

Rose

lol, I used to go over to my friends house andplay with the babies since she had 2 litters of 9. We were getting themused to being handled and getting the onlder ones ready to go off tonew owners. In Spice's litter there were 2 relatively small one, Spiceand his sister (Sugar, named because they looked identical [Sugar andSpice]) and one absolutely humungous one. A black and white one,Oreo,that was definately well fed! She was so lazy, notwanting to move at all when we got her out of the cage and put her onthe ground. The other babies were all over the place and she hardlymoved. She was at least 1/3 larger than the rest and chubby. It was socute, she was as big as the bunnies that were 4 weeks older!

Latest posts

Back